Millisecond Forums

Survey: delete Next button

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic20382.aspx

By tecnika - 12/19/2016

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to delete the Next button on a Survey to go to the Next Survey page. I would like to go to the Next page automatically as soon as the participant answer to the last question. Is it possible?

Thanks, I wish you a Merry Christmas,

Elena
By Dave - 12/19/2016

ebroggin - Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to delete the Next button on a Survey to go to the Next Survey page. I would like to go to the Next page automatically as soon as the participant answer to the last question. Is it possible?

Elena

No, I'm afraid that's not possible. You can revise your responses to survey questions (e.g., answer 1st question, answer 2nd question, change response in 1st question) and/or answer them in any order (e.g. 3rd question 1st, etc.). Consequently, submitting the responses requires an affirmative response (press on the next-button). The only way to make a surveypage move on automatically, would be to specify a /timeout, e.g. give participants a maximum of, say, 10 seconds to answer all the questions. It's not technically possible to actually get rid of the next button either, but you can position the button off-screen via the /nextbuttonposition attribute if need be.

I'm not sure what types of questions you are asking and how your task is intended to work specifically, but perhaps using standard <trial>, <likert> and/or <openended> elements would be better than using <surveypage>s.

Hope this helps.
By tecnika - 12/20/2016

Dave - Tuesday, December 20, 2016
ebroggin - Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Hello,

Elena

No, I'm afraid that's not possible. You can revise your responses to survey questions (e.g., answer 1st question, answer 2nd question, change response in 1st question) and/or answer them in any order (e.g. 3rd question 1st, etc.). Consequently, submitting the responses requires an affirmative response (press on the next-button). The only way to make a surveypage move on automatically, would be to specify a /timeout, e.g. give participants a maximum of, say, 10 seconds to answer all the questions. It's not technically possible to actually get rid of the next button either, but you can position the button off-screen via the /nextbuttonposition attribute if need be.

I'm not sure what types of questions you are asking and how your task is intended to work specifically, but perhaps using standard <trial>, <likert> and/or <openended> elements would be better than using <surveypage>s.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer