Millisecond Forums

Skipping a video trial after it has already been presented in a block.

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic20403.aspx

By natsirt - 12/29/2016

Hello, 

I am attempting to skip a video trial after it has been presented within a block.

For example, I'm trying to randomly select 1 out 6 beta videos first, afterwards, watch the remaining videos, both alpha and beta (but not the beta video that was ranomly selected in trial 1). I have the code below, but it doesn't seem to work. 

<block ABLOCK>
/trials = [1= noreplace (beta1, beta2, beta3, beta4, beta5, beta6); 
2-12=noreplace(alpha1, alpha2, alpha3, alpha4, alpha5, alpha6, beta1, beta2, beta3, beta4, beta5, beta6)]
</block> 

Thanks for the help!
By Dave - 12/29/2016

natsirt - Thursday, December 29, 2016
Hello, 

I am attempting to skip a video trial after it has been presented within a block.

For example, I'm trying to randomly select 1 out 6 beta videos first, afterwards, watch the remaining videos, both alpha and beta (but not the beta video that was ranomly selected in trial 1). I have the code below, but it doesn't seem to work. 

<block ABLOCK>
/trials = [1= noreplace (beta1, beta2, beta3, beta4, beta5, beta6); 
2-12=noreplace(alpha1, alpha2, alpha3, alpha4, alpha5, alpha6, beta1, beta2, beta3, beta4, beta5, beta6)]
</block> 

Thanks for the help!

You need to use <list> elements to do that.

<list beta>
/ items = (trial.beta1, trial.beta2, trial.beta3, trial.beta4, trial.beta6)
</list>

<list alpha>
/ items = (trial.alpha1, trial.alpha2, trial.alpha3, trial.alpha4, trial.alpha6)
</list>

<list alpha_beta>
/ items = (list.alpha.nextvalue, list.alpha.nextvalue, list.alpha.nextvalue, list.alpha.nextvalue, list.alpha.nextvalue, list.alpha.nextvalue,
list.beta.nextvalue, list.beta.nextvalue, list.beta.nextvalue, list.beta.nextvalue, list.beta.nextvalue)
</list>

with

<block ABLOCK>
/trials = [1= list.beta; 
2-12=list.alpha_beta]
</block>