Inquisit not responding

Author
cjlab
Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello! I just got a message from a participant with the below details:

I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like we are going to be able to do this...the IQ Web player download for the task 1 doesn't seem to work on my computer...I am able to do the "practice" for Task 1 but when I click the space bar to complete the actual task I get a pop-up that says that it isn't responding and that I need to close the program.

Does anyone have an idea for a solution I could send them? Also, just so you know the inquisit tasks are linked within a longer Qualtrics survey.

Thanks so much. 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Usually an error like this would be indicative of a mistake in the given script. Assuming that your scripts are those at http://research.millisecond.com/ubcparentinglab/iParent.web?subjectnumber=11111111&groupnumber=1 , I don't see any obvious issue after looking those scripts over. One thing you can (and if possible should) try, is to update your web experiment to use the latest Inquisit Web version (4.0.9.0; it is currently using version 4.0.8.0) . This would however require (1) first unregistering the current web experiment and after that (2) re-registering / re-uploading the files and re-configuring the web experiment from scratch.

Also, if you have any additional information re. the circumstances of the error (e.g. which of the 4 scripts did the respective participant encounter this with? what's her/his subject identifier? what browser and operating system was s/he using?), it would be great if you could add those details to this thread. Thanks!

cjlab
cjlab
Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi again,

I followed up with the participant, by sending them this link

http://research.millisecond.com/ubcparentinglab/iParent.web?subjectnumber=2&groupnumber=1

separately (not embedded within qualtrics). She replied with the following,

"When I used the link in the e-mail, I got through 3 words before a pop-up said that the program had stopped working (Inquisit Web Player 4.0.7 has stopped working). Tried again and made it through all the words (I think) and then the pop-up for program stopping working came up when I was back to the task explanation page.
I am using a PC lap top and Google Chrome."

What do you think I could do? 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> What do you think I could do?                                

The web player version the participant is using is fairly outdated (4.0.7.0). Try having them use the latest version (4.0.9.0) by either

(1) Updating your web experiment to use 4.0.9.0 (as mentioned previously in this thread). This will also enforce the installation of the latest web player version (4.0.9.0).

or

(2) Having them uninstall the 4.0.7.0 player and then download the 4.0.9.0 directly prior to trying to run the experiment again on their computers. Direct download links are below.

For 32-bit Windows versions:
http://research.millisecond.com/download/4/4_0_9_0/player/win32/IQWebPlayerSetup.exe

For 64-bit Windows versions:
http://research.millisecond.com/download/4/4_0_9_0/player/win64/IQWebPlayerSetup.exe

Hope this helps.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search