a mysterious bug

Author
Robert Balas
Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear Users,

I attach a script for a study on evaluative conditioning. The thing is that it does not run and does not send an error message, as well. Not that I need those messages desperately, oh no! I checked every bit of this script twice and I cannot find any mistake that would prevent it from running smoothly.

I hope you can help me to find a solution to this.

Waiting...
Robert
Attachments
study1.zip (269 views, 516.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
I'm not sure whether I'm misinterpreting "does not run". The script works fine for me, i.e., it does run its blocks, trials, etc.

Could you please elaborate what exactly you mean by "does not run" or "(not) running smoothly"?

Also: Which Inquisit version are you using? (And: If it's not the latest Inquisit 4 release, update your installation, please.)

Robert Balas
Robert Balas
Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)Guru (5.4K reputation)
Dear Dave,

1. When I want to check the experiment in a test mode, it doesn't start at all.
2. It starts on RUN or MONKEY, but it reverses the block order (block 2 and blocks 3-5), i.e. instead of presenting block 2 it goes directly to blocks 3-5 and only after that it returns to block 2. I don't get it.

Im running 4.0.9.0 on Mac (build 2657) - I think its the latest.

Robert Balas
Robert Balas
Dave,

And now it completely mixes block order and runs whatever block it wants. No pattern....

HILFE!

Best,
Robert
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Okay, that clarification (things run out of order) helps. Your problem is

<page instrukcja wstep EAST>
</page>

First, element names may not include spaces. Rename the page to e.g.

<page instrukcja_wstep_EAST>
</page>

Second, there is a stray double-quote in the <page>. Since the parser uses double-quotes to determine where elements and attributes begin and end, stray quotes will cause the parser to "not see" elements following the stray quote.

<page instrukcja_wstep_EAST>
[...] negatywnego (np. "diabeł).
</page>

Notice that the quotes are not identical: The first one is ", while the second one is .

I.e, there is no counterpart to the 1st double-quote character. To make life easier for you in the future, please *always* properly escape any special characters when using them in <page> elements or in items. You will find this covered in the special characters topic in the documentation.

I've fixed the mistake in the attached file.

Attachments
badanie2.fixed.iqx (645 views, 44.00 KB)
Robert Balas
Robert Balas
Dear Dave,

Let me call you MY MASTER from now on.

Thanks a lot - that's been very helpful

All the best,
Robert
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic