error in summary data (modified food dot-probe)

Author
alexa
Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
dear inquisit-team,

i am using a dotprobe script of the alcohol dot probe task (http://www.millisecond.com/download/library/DotProbe/) which i modified for my needs (comparison of food stimuli).
it was quite easy to modify the script, thank you very much! though i need some help because i think i have a bug in my script.
whenenver a comparison of the probe_PIAP trial is made, the values for neutralimage / alcoholimage (in the rawdataset: values.alcohol, values.neutral) are the same. my rawdata set shows me that i used the same picture simultaneously (e. g. values.alcohol = 207b.jpg; values.neutral = also 207b.jpg). i changed the name of the variables in my script to better understand what inquist is doing but maybe i have done a misstake! when performing the DP, there was no picture which was shown simultaneously so i suppose that its just a mistake i made in the script. but i have no idea where that comes from?! could you please help me out? thanks a lot!

best,
alex

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
alexa - Tuesday, November 15, 2016
dear inquisit-team,

i am using a dotprobe script of the alcohol dot probe task (http://www.millisecond.com/download/library/DotProbe/) which i modified for my needs (comparison of food stimuli).
it was quite easy to modify the script, thank you very much! though i need some help because i think i have a bug in my script.
whenenver a comparison of the probe_PIAP trial is made, the values for neutralimage / alcoholimage (in the rawdataset: values.alcohol, values.neutral) are the same. my rawdata set shows me that i used the same picture simultaneously (e. g. values.alcohol = 207b.jpg; values.neutral = also 207b.jpg). i changed the name of the variables in my script to better understand what inquist is doing but maybe i have done a misstake! when performing the DP, there was no picture which was shown simultaneously so i suppose that its just a mistake i made in the script. but i have no idea where that comes from?! could you please help me out? thanks a lot!

best,
alex

I'm not sure how to point out the mistake without you
- describing the changes you made in detail, including
- providing the actual code.

You say that you "changed the name of the variables" without saying which variables that refers to (there are is no values.alcohol or values.neutral) in the script. Also, your topic's title refers to summary data, whereas your description deals with raw data. Please clarify all those things.

Edited 8 Years Ago by Dave
alexa
alexa
Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Tuesday, November 15, 2016
alexa - Tuesday, November 15, 2016
dear inquisit-team,

best,
alex

I'm not sure how to point out the mistake without you
- describing the changes you made in detail, including
- providing the actual code.

You say that you "changed the name of the variables" without saying which variables that refers to (there are is no values.alcohol or values.neutral) in the script. Also, your topic's title refers to summary data, whereas your description deals with raw data. Please clarify all those things.
Hi,
thanks for your answer, I am sorry about my unprecise question. While reconstructing what I have done, the error disappeared - I must for sure have done something that went wrong.
Best,
alex

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search