Forced answers in survey

Author
mongrel
Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everybody,

this is probably a stupid question, but I cannot find in the manual how I can force participants to answer. Meaning, I have a survey with sliders and I do not want them to be able to click "next" before they have answered all questions on one page.
How can I do that?

Thanks,
M.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mongrel - Monday, December 05, 2016
Hi everybody,

this is probably a stupid question, but I cannot find in the manual how I can force participants to answer. Meaning, I have a survey with sliders and I do not want them to be able to click "next" before they have answered all questions on one page.
How can I do that?

Thanks,
M.

Set the <slider>'s /required attribute to 'true'.

<slider myslider>
/ required = true
</slider>

mongrel
mongrel
Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)Guru (5.5K reputation)
Thanks!
mongrel
mongrel
Hi Dave,

I have the following script:
radiobuttons question1>
/ caption = "Blablabla?~n"
/ options = ("yes","no")
</radiobuttons>

<textbox question2>
/ caption = "In case you answered yes to question1, please explain in the following textblock."
/ textboxsize = (80%, 22%)
/ multiline = true
/ maxchars = 500
</textbox>

<surveypage questions>
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", -16, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ questions = [1=question1; 2=question2]
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ nextlabel = "continue"
</surveypage>

I want answers to question2 only to be required, if question1 was answered with yes. Is there a if-then-condition for the required attribute? I don`t think, I will need a branch for that.

Thanks in advance!
M.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mongrel - Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Hi Dave,

I have the following script:
radiobuttons question1>
/ caption = "Blablabla?~n"
/ options = ("yes","no")
</radiobuttons>

<textbox question2>
/ caption = "In case you answered yes to question1, please explain in the following textblock."
/ textboxsize = (80%, 22%)
/ multiline = true
/ maxchars = 500
</textbox>

<surveypage questions>
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", -16, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ questions = [1=question1; 2=question2]
/ showpagenumbers = false
/ nextlabel = "continue"
</surveypage>

I want answers to question2 only to be required, if question1 was answered with yes. Is there a if-then-condition for the required attribute? I don`t think, I will need a branch for that.

Thanks in advance!
M.

No, this is not possible if the questions are on the same, single page. You would indeed have to use /branch. I.e., page 1 contains the yes/no question, from there /branch to the 2nd page containing question 2 only if the answer to the 1st question was yes.

mongrel
mongrel
Thank you, Dave!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search