Inputdevice Keyboard

Author
Brainsrule
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How do I edit the BART-Y script to accept inputs from a 2-button response box? Outputs from the box correspond to a '1' and a '2' keyboard press. I'm having trouble finding the proper documentation for this process.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Brainsrule - Friday, December 09, 2016
How do I edit the BART-Y script to accept inputs from a 2-button response box? Outputs from the box correspond to a '1' and a '2' keyboard press. I'm having trouble finding the proper documentation for this process.

You need to adjust the /inputdevice settings in the script and then adjust any /validresponse, /correctresponse, /isvalidresponse, /iscorrectresponse, /responsemessage, and /branch logic that relies on a trial's response property accordingly.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - Friday, December 09, 2016

You need to adjust the /inputdevice settings in the script and then adjust any /validresponse, /correctresponse, /isvalidresponse, /iscorrectresponse, /responsemessage, and /branch logic that relies on a trial's response property accordingly.

The attached BARTY script takes input from the keyboard. It relies on the "1" and "2" keys at the top row of the keyboard, their respective keyboard scancodes are 2 and 3 (to check which scancodes your response box returns, use Tools -> Keyboard Scancodes... in Inquisit Lab; adjust the script accordingly, i.e. replace the 2 and 3 scancodes with those pertaining to your response box device).

Attachments
barty_keyboard.iqx (581 views, 36.00 KB)
Brainsrule
Brainsrule
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

The attached BARTY script takes input from the keyboard. It relies on the "1" and "2" keys at the top row of the keyboard, their respective keyboard scancodes are 2 and 3 (to check which scancodes your response box returns, use Tools -> Keyboard Scancodes... in Inquisit Lab; adjust the script accordingly, i.e. replace the 2 and 3 scancodes with those pertaining to your response box device).

Okay I added that and patched up a few more lines, and it works great! thank you!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search