Data files Inquisit 5 web script

Author
TL
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,
I registered a script with the web version of Inquisit 5 and there are data files which have been generated in the data files column. However, the ending of the file is .iqdat and not .dat (as it was usually in my case). Additionally, the system asks a password to open the file. Unfortunately, I did not manage to open the data file.
Can you help me with this one?
Thank you for your time
TL

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
TL - Saturday, December 10, 2016
Hi there,
I registered a script with the web version of Inquisit 5 and there are data files which have been generated in the data files column. However, the ending of the file is .iqdat and not .dat (as it was usually in my case). Additionally, the system asks a password to open the file. Unfortunately, I did not manage to open the data file.
Thank you for your time
TL

#1: *.iqx files will generate a data file with an *.iqdat extension. That is true as of Inquisit 4. Only older, legacy *.exp files will generate data files with a *.dat extension.

Regardless of the extension, *.iqdat files are still simple, tab-delimited text files. You can open them with any spreadsheet or statistical analysis application. You can also change their extension to *.dat if that is what you prefer.

#2: I'm not seeing any encrypted data files in your account. The ones I'm seeing open fine, without any password prompt. Double-check that the file extension is indeed either *.iqdat or *.dat. If the extension is either *.iqdatc, *.iqxc or *.inq, try changing it back to *.iqdat or *.dat.

TL
TL
Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Sunday, December 11, 2016
TL - Saturday, December 10, 2016
Hi there,
Thank you for your time
TL

#1: *.iqx files will generate a data file with an *.iqdat extension. That is true as of Inquisit 4. Only older, legacy *.exp files will generate data files with a *.dat extension.

Regardless of the extension, *.iqdat files are still simple, tab-delimited text files. You can open them with any spreadsheet or statistical analysis application. You can also change their extension to *.dat if that is what you prefer.

#2: I'm not seeing any encrypted data files in your account. The ones I'm seeing open fine, without any password prompt. Double-check that the file extension is indeed either *.iqdat or *.dat. If the extension is either *.iqdatc, *.iqxc or *.inq, try changing it back to *.iqdat or *.dat.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will check the extensions.
When I opened a new Inquisit file and cliked "open" to read the data files, it also worked.
Thank you for your time

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search