Put videos on the AMP script

Author
Nicobu
Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)Associate Member (275 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi
I´d the AMP script and I want to put a video after the practice of the test (before the real application of the test), also I want to put another video and aplly the test again, all like it was a unique trial.
Can you explain me how to do that?
I´m new in this topic
Thanks for your answer!.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Nicobu - Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Hi
I´d the AMP script and I want to put a video after the practice of the test (before the real application of the test), also I want to put another video and aplly the test again, all like it was a unique trial.
Can you explain me how to do that?
I´m new in this topic
Thanks for your answer!.

Add a <video> element in the script and a <trial> to display the video.

<video after_practice_video>
/ items = ("video1.mpg")
/ playthrough = true
</video>

<trial show_video>
/ stimulusframes = [1=after_practice_video]
/ validresponse = (0)
/ trialduration = 1000
</trial>

Run that new <trial> at the appropriate time by adding it to the end of the /trials attribute in the practice <block>.

<block practice>
/ bgstim = (attributeAlabel, attributeBlabel)
/ trials = [1-3 = instructions; 4-13 = noreplace(primeApractice, primeBpractice, primeNeutralpractice);14=show_video]
/ recorddata = true
</block>

It's not quite clear what you mean by "also I want to put another video and aplly the test again", but the easiest option -- especially if you're not comfortable with Inquisit syntax yet -- would be to create two separate versions of the AMP script along the above lines (one showing the 1st video, another one showing the 2nd video) and run them in order via a <batch> script:

<batch>
/ file = "AMP1.iqx"
/ file = "AMP2.iqx"
</batch>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search