Data Format and Default Columns
Data are written in a non-proprietary UTF-8 tab-delimited text format to the file specified in the message window
that appears at the bottom of the script editor. If the data file already contains data,
the new data are appended to existing data. A separate line of data is written for
each trial in the experiment.
The default order of variables values on each line of data is as follows:
- Current date (mmddyy)
- Experiment starting time (hh:mm)
- Group id
- Subject id
- Block number
- Trial number
- Trial code
- Pretrialpause (ms)
- Posttrialpause (ms)
- Scan code of the key with which the subject responded
- Whether or not the given response was the correct response
- Response latency (ms following the end of the last display frame).
- Response window center (milliseconds following the end of the last display frame;
0 if no response window is used).
- The next N variables are the item numbers of the stimuli shown on each trial recorded
in the order in which those stimuli were presented. N is equal to the greatest number
of stimuli presented on any single trial defined in the script. For trials on which
less than N stimuli were presented, a value of 0 is recorded in the extra columns.
To customize the way data is written to file, define a data
element and set its attributes according to preference.