How to Uninstall Inquisit Web
Thank you for participating in an Inquisit Web study! If you wish to uninstall the
Inquisit Web plug-in, please follow the instructions below.
To uninstall Inquisit 4 Web:
- Open the "Programs and Features" applet in Windows Control Panel (called "Add/Remove Programs" in Windows XP).
- Search for the entry with "Inquisit 4 Web" in the programs list. If you find it, double-click to uninstall.
If you do not see "Inquisit 4 Web" in the list, you have likely installed the Java version. To uninstall, do the following:
- Open the "Java" applet in Windows Control Panel.
- On the "General" tab click the "View..." button.
- Select "Inquisit 4 Web Java" in the applications list and click the Delete button.
If you don't see Inquisit in the Java applet either, you may have run an older version of the plugin. We offer a simple utility to
remove older versions of Inquisit Web from your computer. Simply follow these steps:
- Download the utility application.
- Run the utility.
- Close your browser! The utility may not be able to remove the plug-in if it's in use by your browser.
- When the utility is finished, close it and delete it from your downloads folder.
Uninstall Java Version of Inquisit Web
Open the Java applet from the /Applications/Utilities/ folder, click the "View..." button, select the Inquisit application, and click the delete button.
Uninstall Chrome, Firefox, or Safari Plug-in
Close your browser and delete the "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Inquisit.plugin" or the "/Users/(username)/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Inquisit.plugin" file.