Return to the Framing Effect page
						
											FRAMING 
SCRIPT INFO

last updated: 01-11-2016 by K.Borchert (katjab@millisecond.com) for Millisecond Software LLC
Copyright © 01-11-2016 Millisecond Software


BACKGROUND INFO

											*Purpose*
This script implements the Framing Paradigm based on:

Tversky, A. & Kahneman, D. (1981). "The framing of decisions and the psychology of choice". 
Science 211 (4481): 453-458.

											  *Task*
Participants are presented scenarios such as "A) 10% chance of $90" or "B) 90% chance of $10"
and are asked to select the option that they prefer.


DATA FILE INFORMATION: 
The default data stored in the data files are:

(1) Raw data file: 'Framing_raw*.iqdat' (a separate file for each participant)

build:							Inquisit build
computer.platform:				the platform the script was run on
date, time, subject, group:		date and time script was run with the current subject/groupnumber 
blockcode, blocknum:			the name and number of the current block
trialcode, trialnum: 			the name and number of the currently recorded trial
									(Note: not all trials that are run might record data) 
stimulusitem:					the presented stimuli in order of trial presentation
response:						the participant's response
latency: 						the response latency (in ms)

oddsa/oddsb:					store the probabilities for choice a and b (probability of b = 1-probability of a)
payoffa/payoffb:				store the amount of money that could be won for choice a/choice b
selectedoption:					stores the current choice of the participant (A or B)
outcome:						stores the actual win amount for the current trial
earnings:						stores the total amount of money earned across trials

(2) Summary data file: 'Framing_summary*.iqdat' (a separate file for each participant)

script.startdate:				date script was run
script.starttime:				time script was started
script.subjectid:				subject id number
script.groupid:					group id number
script.elapsedtime:				time it took to run script (in ms)
computer.platform:				the platform the script was run on
/completed:						0 = script was not completed; 1 = script was completed (all conditions run)
earnings:						stores the total amount of money earned across trials


EXPERIMENTAL SET-UP

- 8 different payoff scenarios: 
	8 odds for A (10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 60%, 70%, 80%, 90%)/8 odds for B (90%, 80%, 70%, 60%, 40%, 30%, 20%, 10%)
	coupled with reversed payoffs: e.g. 10% A, payoff: 90
- 3 repetitions of each scenario
(one for practice)
- order is randomly determined

EDITABLE CODE:
check below for (relatively) easily editable parameters, stimuli, instructions etc. 
Keep in mind that you can use this script as a template and therefore always "mess" with the entire code to further customize your experiment.


Copyright © Millisecond Software. All rights reserved.
Contact | Terms of Service | Privacy Statement | Security Statement | GDPR
Website Security Test