Trial Port display milliseconds are off

Author
Lostcode
Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I have a trial that runs like so:

<trial wordy>
/ stimulustimes = [0=word, wordPort; 50=ZeroPort; 800=erase, breakPort; 850=ZeroPort]
/ trialduration = 1600
</trial>

Unfortunately the second zero port shows on my output that from the breakPort to the ZeroPort the duration is about 16ms instead of the 50ms it should be.

Is there something I am not understanding for the coding?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Impossible to tell without actually seeing the data. However, note that what you see in the 'stimulusonset' column for the 2nd instance of ZeroPort may reflect the onset of the 1st instance. You should either (a) use separate <port> elements

/ stimulustimes = [0=word, wordPort; 50=ZeroPort1; 800=erase, breakPort; 850=ZeroPort2]

or (b) log the element's indexed stimulusonset property to the data file (via the <data> element:

/ columns = [..., port.ZeroPort.stimulusonset.1, port.ZeroPort.stimulusonset.2, ...]

Lostcode
Lostcode
Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)Guru (7.9K reputation)

Here is my data. The pulse widths should be 50 for everything but the zeroPort2 even after changing it shows it as 16ms.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

That image unfortunately doesn't say much without proper scale information as well as any indication where an actual trial starts and ends. Also, what is the pulse highlighted in green?

Lostcode
Lostcode

The yellow is a marker that is 5 to 0 with 50ms separation.
The green is a 100's marker ending in 0 after 50ms
The red is suppose to be another 5 to 0 marker with the same 50ms but is actually 16ms

The height is the marker number and the length between the elevated lines is the marker number to 0. So the gap in-between the two elevated lines is milliseconds.

After the yellow marker is the beginning of the trial I posted.

Dave
Dave

The green is a 100's marker ending in 0 after 50ms

And where is that coming from in your <trial> definition? I only see two pulses there.

Lostcode
Lostcode

The green and red is a trial and then another green and red is either the same trial or one that's similar reading from a different item list.

The block uses a ratio of two trials. The trials are the same as the one posted.

Is there something in the block that would screw with this?

Dave
Dave

The green and red is a trial and then another green and red is either the same trial or one that's similar reading from a different item list.

Could you clarify that graphically, please?

The block uses a ratio of two trials. The trials are the same as the one posted.

Is there something in the block that would screw with this?

I cannot tell you that without seeing the actual code. Have you checked the two involved <trial> elements and their stimuli for errors? The data might well be consistent with an error in one of the involved elements.

Also, (a) what is the system's refresh rate and (b) are you running the latest Inquisit 4 release (4.0.3)?

Lostcode
Lostcode

found the problem. I have my responsetime = 0 which is effecting the zeroPort showing for some reason.

Remember I want a response to be issued for both in the trial. Trying to figure out how to allow only one response for the trial but can be responded for both the word and the erase I have set. The erase is a black screen.

I remember reading the /responsetime attribute and the / responseinterrupt attribute. What would be needed here for what I require?

Dave
Dave

Remember I want a response to be issued for both in the trial.

A <trial> collects a single response. There is no way to collect two or more. You'll have to daisy-chain separate <trial> elements if that's what you want.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search