Stimuli categories and number in an IAT

Author
Optillusionk
Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)Associate Member (288 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Hello,

I’m a new in the use of Inquisit and I have two questions.

First, I’m wondering if pictures stimuli from different categories can be combined in the same IAT. I mean, I need to test two kinds of stimuli which all represent food items but do not belong to the same categories (e.g. with a special packaging vs withanother one / with a special label vs without this label). And I need to test them on the same target concepts (e.g. healthy vs unhealthy). Can I test all these stimuli at the same time? Have you already seen this before?  What if the pictures can be categorized in the same way but represent distant things (e.g. food items and bank logos)?

My second question is about the number of pictures stimuli which can be included in an IAT. What do you think about using 6 or more stimuli? Does the results will be impacted?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Both of those questions are essentially methodological and as such completely unrelated to Inquisit. I would thus recommend reviewing the published literature for answers.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search