Coding survey with pictures

Author
ChloeO
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
We are trying to create a survey where 9 pictures are presented on screen and participants are required to select which picture best represents the rooms in their home.

How can we code so that the pictures are arranged on the page (3 rows of 3) and participants can click on the picture they wish to select?

Thanks

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You should not use <survey> / <surveypage> for this. Instead, define your 9 <picture> elements as needed, have a <trial> display them and collect the participant's response:

<trial pictrial>
/ stimulusframes = [1=pic1, pic2, pic3, ..., pic9]
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ validresponse = (pic1, pic2, pic3, ..., pic9)
</trial>

ChloeO
ChloeO
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Thank you!

Could you also please tell me how to define my picture elements?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
See the documentation for the <picture> element. You will also find this covered throughout the tutorials included in the Inquisit documentation, which I would strongly recommend completing before moving on. In short:

<picture somepicture>
/ items = ("somepicturefile.jpg")
/ position = (75%, 50%)
[...]
</picture>

ChloeO
ChloeO
How can I arrange the 9 pictures in a 3 by 3 grid on the screen?

Dave
Dave
Use their respective /position attributes to arrange them in whatever way you need.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search