Playing a video

Author
alix762
Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I want to have a page where it just plays a video and when the video is over it skips to the next page.

What is the code for this? What I have tried does not work at all.

<trial vid>
/ stimulusframes = [1=video1]
/ validresponse = (" ")
</trial>

<video vid>
/ items = vid
/ playthrough = true
/ select = sequence
</video>

<item vid>
/ 1 = "video1.mp4"
</item>

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1=vid]
</block>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
<trial vid>
/ stimulusframes = [1=video1]
/ validresponse = (" ")
</trial>

needs to read

<trial vid>
/ stimulusframes = [1=vid]
/ validresponse = (noresponse)
/ timeout = 1
</trial>

alix762
alix762
Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)Guru (7.2K reputation)
It's still not working, the video is in the folder yet - it says:

Inquisit Media Error: Cannot play back the file: the format is not supported. line 67: file .\MediaPlayerControl.cpp

Unable to the load media file 'C:\Users\lpzab2\Desktop\Final Inquisit\video1.mp4'. Verify that the file exists and is of a supported format.

Unable to the load media file 'C:\Users\lpzab2\Desktop\Final Inquisit\video1.mp4'. Verify that the file exists and is of a supported format.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
As the error message says, there is an issue with the video file's format. You need to make sure that your system has a proper DirectShow codec available to render the file or convert it to a different format.

alix762
alix762
OK what can I convert it to and how do I do that?
Thanks.
Dave
Dave
Depends on your system, what you intend to do (i.e. your use case) and the software you have available. You can find detailed instructions re. video conversion online via your preferred search engine. Online video converters are available as well.

alix762
alix762
I just want a short simple video to play. I thought MP4 was the main video user. I have no idea what else to convert it to that Inquisit will recognise? Shall I just pick something random?
Dave
Dave
> I thought MP4 was the main video user.

MP4 is a *container format*, it tells you nothing about how the contents (video and audio data) are actually encoded. Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_14

Your system is lacking proper codecs that Inquisit can use to render the file.

Inquisit will gladly recognise any format for which your system provides proper codecs. A good default choice for Windows boxes is WMV.

alix762
alix762
I converted it to another container format and its still producing the same messages.

How do I get my system to have proper codecs that inquisit can render? I am using WMV

Dave
Dave
You can try installing a popular codec pack such as K-Lite (codecguide.com). WMV is *not* a container format (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Video).

Edited 10 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search