Anchors size Likert

Author
IR
IR
posted 10 Years Ago HOT
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I was wondering whether it is possible to change the size / layout of the anchors in a likert scale (i.e., make the values and corresponding squared frames bigger).

Thank you in advance for your help,

IR

Tags
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You cannot change the size of the buttons, you can control the distance between them via the /anchorwidth attribute. If this does not suit your needs, consider building your own "custom" likert-type question using standard <trial> and clickable stimulus elements.

IR
IR
Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)Expert (1.5K reputation)
Thank you for your quick reply.

IR

kulajw
kulajw
Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)
Hello,

I have the same question as IR.

However as IR question  was posted about 5 year ago I just wonder if it is still impossible to change the size and font of the buttons in likert scale ement?

Maybe there is some new attribute in likert, allowing for anchor points adjustment in Inquit 5?

I cannot find this by my own.

Thank for your answer.
Best
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
kulajw - Friday, March 8, 2019
Hello,

I have the same question as IR.

However as IR question  was posted about 5 year ago I just wonder if it is still impossible to change the size and font of the buttons in likert scale ement?

Maybe there is some new attribute in likert, allowing for anchor points adjustment in Inquit 5?

I cannot find this by my own.

Thank for your answer.
Best

> Maybe there is some new attribute in likert, allowing for anchor points adjustment in Inquit 5?

No, there is not. As before, you can change the distance between the buttons per /anchorwidth, change the font of any anchors displayed atop the scale, but the size and font of the buttons themselves is not configurable.

kulajw
kulajw
Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)Guru (5.9K reputation)

Thank for your response in this topic.

In relation to my previous question I would like also to ask if it is possible to change the anchors text locations around the scale ends?
Please find attached picture with text overlaps the scale to get what I mean.

I figure out that I can get rid of it when I manipulate a  likert font size e.g when I increase font to a 3% then it's ok, but I am worried that this method might not work on all types of  different monitors.

It is possible to move text on scale ends up to be permanently let say e.g. 2% of screen height above scale?

Please find attached my script for this.
Attachments
Likert_test.iqx (572 views, 416 bytes)
Dave
Dave
kulajw - Monday, March 11, 2019

Thank for your response in this topic.

In relation to my previous question I would like also to ask if it is possible to change the anchors text locations around the scale ends?
Please find attached picture with text overlaps the scale to get what I mean.

I figure out that I can get rid of it when I manipulate a  likert font size e.g when I increase font to a 3% then it's ok, but I am worried that this method might not work on all types of  different monitors.

It is possible to move text on scale ends up to be permanently let say e.g. 2% of screen height above scale?

Please find attached my script for this.

What you can do is include some line breaks in the anchors like so

<likert ratingquestion>
/ stimulustimes=[0=test]
/ anchors=[1="the worst possible life you can imagine

"; 2=""; 3=""; 4=""; 5=""; 6=""; 7=""; 8="" ;9=""; 10="the best possible life you can imagine

"]
/ position=(50, 80)
/ numpoints = 10
/ anchorwidth=7%
/ posttrialpause = 300
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 2%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
</likert>

<text test>
/ items = ("Your life is:")
</text>

which should get you something looking like this:

kulajw
kulajw
Thank you for this answer 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search