Using a slider in a trial

Author
beccca
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dear all

In my experiment the subjects have to decide whether or not a statement is correct or false (e.g. Paris is located in France). After each statement the subject are supposed to tell us how well they could read the statement (with a slider). The statements are shown randomly.

Now I have the following problem:

I can show the statements randomly:
<block contiguity1c>
/ trials = [1-4=noreplace(statement1, statement2, statement3, statement4)]
</block>

But I have a problem with the slider. I cannot get the slider in the trials with the statement:

<trial statement1>

/stimulusframes = [1=statement1, 2=slider1]

/validresponse = ("c","n")

/correctresponse = ("c")

</trial>

This doesn't work.

I also tried to put the statement in a surveypage which as well did not work.

I thought about using the statement and the slider in different trials but then I have a problem with randomizing them. Because then the slider1 won't necessarily be displayed after statement1 anymore.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thank you so much for your response.

Best regards

Rebecca

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
A <slider> is not a stimulus. It cannot be displayed (or otherwise used) by a <trial>. If you want to build something "slider-like", you can do so using standard stimulus elements and input methods applicable to <trial> elements, see. e.g. https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost2446.aspx

beccca
beccca
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you very much for your help :)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search