Black background, white font extra dialog box for trials and blocks?

Author
Anoushka Shahane
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to make my entire experiment with a black background and white text, thus I have set the following defaults as recommended.

<defaults>
/ minimumversion = "4.0.0.0"
/ fontstyle = ("Helvetica", 48pt, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ screencolor = (0,0,0)
/ txbgcolor = (0,0,0)
/ txcolor = (255,255,255)

</defaults>

However, when I do so, the instructions appear as they should (black background, white font), but the trials and blocks appear with a black background - white dialog box - black text background - white font (see attached image). How do I get rid of the extra white dialog box?

Thank you!http://www.millisecond.com/forums/uploads/images/65151972-91c3-499f-9090-9739.jpg

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> the trials and blocks appear with a black background

As they should with /screencolor = (0,0,0).

> black text background - white font

As it should with /txbgcolor = (0,0,0) and /txcolor = (255,255,255)

> How do I get rid of the extra white dialog box?

Identify what that element is in your /bgstim, /stimulusframes or /stimulustimes attributes and then either remove it (if you don't need it) or set its color to what you want / need.

Anoushka Shahane
Anoushka Shahane
Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you, Dave!!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You're absolutely welcome!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search