Put the mouse cursor in the center of the screen for each block

Author
CharlotteM
Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello!

I have a script with which people have to choose a picture for each block, and it will be better if the position of the mouse cursor don't influence their choice.
That's why I would like to put the mouse cursor in the center of the screen for each block. Is that possible please? I don't know where I can put something like ''position of the mouse cursor''.

A part of my script:
DEFAULTS
<defaults>
/ fontstyle = ("calibri", 2.5%)
/ screencolor = (235,235,235)
/ txbgcolor = (235,235,235)
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/ minimumversion = "3.0.0.0"
/ inputdevice = mouse
</defaults>

EXPERIMENT
<expt>
/ blocks = [1=instruction0; 2=ivm_explicit0; 3=instruction01; 4=ivm_explicit01; 5=instruction02; 6=ivm_explicit02]
</expt>

INSTRUCTIONS
<block instruction0>
/ trials = [1 = instruction0]
</block>

<block instruction01>
/ trials = [1 = instruction01]
</block>

<block instruction02>
/ trials = [1 = instruction02]
</block>

IMV EXPLICIT
<block ivm_explicit0>
/ trials = [1-1= noreplace (ivm_affective0)]
</block>

<block ivm_explicit01>
/ trials = [1-1= noreplace (ivm_affective01)]
</block>

<block ivm_explicit02>
/ trials = [1-1= noreplace (ivm_affective02)]
</block>

for example imv_affective0 (8 pictures of tea) :
<trial ivm_affective0>
/ stimulusframes = [1= picttea1, picttea2, picttea3, picttea4, picttea5, picttea6, picttea7, picttea8]
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ validresponse = (picttea1, picttea2, picttea3, picttea4, picttea5, picttea6, picttea7, picttea8)
/ posttrialpause=800
</trial>

for example instruction0:

<trial instruction0>
/ stimulustimes = [1=instruction0, mouseclick]
/ correctresponse = (lbuttondown)
/ errormessage = false 
/ recorddata = false
</trial>

<text instruction0>
/ items = ("Please choose as quicly as possible the tea with lemon flavor 
")
/ hjustify = left
/ size = (70%, 41%)
/ position = (50%, 45%)
/ valign = center
/ select = sequence
/ resetinterval = 20
/ txbgcolor = (235,235,235)
</text>

Thank you in advance,
Charlotte

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
The way to do this is to start each block with a <trial> that requires a click on a stimulus at the center of the screen.

CharlotteM
CharlotteM
Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)Respected Member (463 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ok thank you very much, I will do that!

I have another question. I wrote my script with the trial version of Inquisit 4 and now I try to use this script with Inquisit 3. But the resolution of pictures are bad, is that normal? How can I do to obtain a good resolution of the pictures with Inquisit 3 please ?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Neither Inquisit 3 nor Inquisit 4 change the resolution of picture files. Their resolution is a property of the given files. So, I'm not quite sure what you mean with

"I wrote my script with the trial version of Inquisit 4 and now I try to use this script with Inquisit 3. But the resolution of pictures are bad, is that normal? How can I do to obtain a good resolution of the pictures with Inquisit 3 please ?"

A concrete example would be helpful.

Also, I would strongly recommend developing your script using the Inquisit version you are planning to use eventually. I.e., if you are going to work with Inquisit 3, develop and test the script using Inquisit 3 Desktop. If you are planning to work with Inquisit 4, use Inquisit 4 Lab to develop and test the script.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search