stimulus on survey page with a required radiobutton response

Author
mgheadley
Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)Respected Member (368 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I want to use radio buttons with a picture (rather than a text caption) as a stimulus.  I have figured out how to do this by putting a picture on each page of the survey.  However, when I include "/required = true" as an option with the radio button, the stimulus disappears if there is a non-response.    This makes it essentially unproductive to require a response as the participant needs to be able to see the picture to respond.

Any other ideas about how to use a picture as the radio button prompt AND have the picture remain on the screen if a response is required?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You should use <image> elements with <surveypage>'s, not <picture> elements. I.e.

<surveypage mypage>
/ questions = [1=myimage; 2=myradiobuttons]
</surveypage>

<image myimage>
/ items = ("mycaption.jpg")
</image>

<radiobuttons myradiobuttoms>
</radiobuttons>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...