HTML element not located

Author
CES
Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I'm trying to format text in a more flexible way using the html feature. I'm receiving an error that states:  /stimulusframes: Could not locate element 'introhtml'.
The html file is saved in the same location as the Inquisit file, so it should be able to locate it. What could be a possible reason for the error?
Thanks,

<html introhtml>

/ items = ( "index.html")

position = ( 50%, 50%) 

/ showborders = false

/ showscrollbars = false

/ valign = center

/ halign = center

/ position = (0, 0)

/ size = (100%, 100%)

</html>

<trial introhtml>

/ stimulusframes = [1=introhtml]

/ validresponse = (" ")

</trial>

<block introhtml>

/trials = [1=introhtml]

</block>

CES
CES
Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)
I believe it is because I am using Inquisit 3 and the html element is different in Inquisit 3 than it is in Inquisit 4
CES
CES
Is it possible to remove the border, scroll bar, and Next button label from the pre instructions page when using the htmlpage element in Inquisit 3?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
#1: There is no <html> element in Inquisit 3, only a <htmlpage> element for HTML instruction pages.

#2: You can partly configure things via the <instruct> element (e.g. its /windowsize, /nextlabel etc. attributes). You cannot get rid of scrollbar, borders and buttons completely.

CES
CES

Just a quick follow up to the above thread:

I'm trying to change the 'Press Enter to Continue' text on my htmlpage, but using nextlabel via the <instruct> element is not changing the text on the label button.

Here is a brief overview of my code:

<htmlpage intro>
/ file="D:\ExpTest\test.htm"
</htmlpage>

<block myblock>
/ preinstructions=(intro)
</block>

<instruct>
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ nextlabel = "AGREE"
</instruct>

<expt >
/blocks = [1 = myblock]
</expt>

Any insight into if it's possible to change this label would be helpful. Thanks!

CES
CES

Just a quick follow up to the above thread:

I'm trying to change the 'Press Enter to Continue' text on my htmlpage, but using nextlabel via the <instruct> element is not changing the text on the label button.

Here is a brief overview of my code:

<htmlpage intro>
/ file="D:\ExpTest\test.htm"
</htmlpage>

<block myblock>
</block>

<instruct>
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ nextlabel = "AGREE"
</instruct>

<expt >
/blocks = [1 = myblock]
</expt>

Any insight into if it's possible to change this label would be helpful. Thanks!

CES
CES
The previous question is in reference to Inquisit 3.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
The label for the 'next' button for the *last* page in a set of instruction pages must be set via the <instruct> element's /finishlabel attribute.
jbae
jbae
Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)Respected Member (480 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Another quick question to the above thread:

Would there be any way that I could add an additional button on my htmlpage?
I'm trying to have two buttons (one for 'Agree' and one for 'Disagree') on my htmlpage but using the <instruct> element attributes is not letting me add any additional buttons.

My code is shown below:
<htmlpage intro>
/ file = "C:\InquisitExp\intro.htm"
</htmlpage>

<block consent>
</block>

<instruct>
/ inputdevice = mouse
/ prevlabel = "DISAGREE"
/ finishlabel = "AGREE"
</instruct>

<expt>
</blocks = [1 = consent]
</expt>

Also, if it is possible to add an additional button on my htmlpage, how would I set each button to go to different pages? For example, clicking 'Agree' button will move onto the next page whereas clicking 'Disagree' will move onto the last page of my experiment?

Thank you for your help and your time.

Dave
Dave
You cannot do this with html *instruction* pages (i.e., <htmlpage>). You can do this using standard <trial> elements displaying a <html> stimulus. Your buttons then would be just standard <text> elements displayed by the <trial> and clickable via the mouse (/inputdevice = mouse; /valdidresponse = (button1, button2, button3); etc.).

The agree to participate vs. decline to participate logic then would be accomplished via /branch, /skip and/or /stop attributes.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search