Working Directory

Author
CES
Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't locate a similar thread. Is there a method for acquiring the working directory dynamically within Inquisit 3? For example, if I were using the htmlpage element, and wanted to make the path dynamic in order to facilitate the movement of files across computers?
Thanks  so much.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
While you cannot acquire the working directory in Inquisit syntax, you can specify relative paths. That allows you to simply move the main folder containing the scripts and associated files from machine to machine without any adjustments. Example attached, make sure to extract the full folder structure.

With the script residing in "mainfolder" and the HTML file(s) in "subfolder", the code simply boils down to:

<expt>
/ preinstructions = (mypage)
</expt>

<htmlpage mypage>
/ file = "subfolder\myhtml.html"
</htmlpage>

Attachments
Mainfolder.zip (336 views, 761 bytes)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...