Summarydata Values all recording as 0 - Please help

Author
rachelfikslin
Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,
I am new to inquisit and I am finalizing an LDT script with 56 word-pair trials.  I am trying to record summary data columns that average the latencies of 6 particular items.  I recorded them like this:
<values>
/ latencyneudommean = totalmeanlatency(trial.ldtneutraldominant1, trial.ldtneutraldominant2, trial.ldtneutraldominant3, trial.ldtneutraldominant4, trial.ldtneutraldominant5, trial.ldtneutraldominant6)
</values>

<summarydata>
/ columns = [values.latencysexsubsum]
</summarydata>

I did it this way for several different sets of trials and it allows me to run the experiment (meaning there are no errors that prevent the script from running), however, when I get my summary data file, there are 0s for all of the columns that resemble this one.  What am I doing wrong in my script?  I want to have a column that gives me a mean of the latencies for those trial pairs.  How can I do this?

Any help is much appreciated!!!!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
<values> are the *wrong* thing to be used like that. A <values> entry is a global variable. <values> are static, not dynamic, i.e. unless you explicitly set it to something during the course of the procedure, it remains unchanged. When you use an expression as a <values> entry's value as in

<values>
/ latencyneudommean = totalmeanlatency(trial.ldtneutraldominant1, trial.ldtneutraldominant2, trial.ldtneutraldominant3, trial.ldtneutraldominant4, trial.ldtneutraldominant5, trial.ldtneutraldominant6)
</values>

that expression gets evaluated *once* at the very start when the script parses the <values> element. At this point in time there are no latencies -- hence the expression evaluates to zero and that's what the <values> entry's value remains.

If you want something that's evaluated dynamically, the object to use is <expressions>, as in

<expressions>

</expressions>

with

<summarydata>
/ columns = [..., expressions.latencyneudommean, ...]
</summarydata>

Edited 8 Years Ago by Dave
rachelfikslin
rachelfikslin
Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)Partner Member (521 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you!  I don't know why I didn't think of that, but I really appreciate your help.
Have a great day!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search