How to make buttons on iPad larger

Author
sdandeneau
Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I'm running an IAT on iPad with older adults, and I'm wondering if it's possible to make the "E" and "I" buttons on the bottom of the iPad screen larger - specifically, I'd like to increase their height - their width is fine.

Thanks,
Stephane 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
If you are referring to the buttons that Inquisit displays automatically when running a script primarily designed for keyboard-input on a touch-input device such as the iPad, no, as best as I know there currently is no way to specify their size and/or height/width programmatically.

If, however, you are either targeting iPads exclusively (i.e., the script will not be run on keyboard-input devices) or are okay with allowing for mouse-input on devices other than iPads (e.g. regular laptop or desktop computer), then you can switch the script to /inputdevice = mouse and put two objects (<text> or <shape> elements) on the screen to serve as input. Those elements could be sized according to your needs. Please find a simple example attached.

It would also be possible to deliver different configurations of the same script to iOS devices vs. others through the use of conditional <include> elements. I.e., you could administer trials configured as in the example to iPads while delivering the regular, keyboard-input configuration to other platforms.

Hope this helps.

Attachments
IAT.iqx (778 views, 29.00 KB)
Edited 8 Years Ago by Dave
sdandeneau
sdandeneau
Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)Guru (5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Excellent! Yes, we're planning on using the script exclusively on iPads so the mouse input will likely be my best option. I will play around with the button/shape sizes for the iPad. 

Thanks a lot!
Stéphane

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search