random selection without replacement BETWEEN SUBJECTS

Author
dukanske
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

Is there any way to get random selection without replacement of stimuli between consecutive participants? Say I have four different pieces of sound stimuli as a between subjects variable and need automatic, equal, and random distribution of participants to the four conditions. How do I do that?

I look forward to any suggestions you may have!

Thanks,
Freddie

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You implement that like any other between-subjects condition, i.e., set up for <expt>s (one per condition), or use the <variables> element (not generally recommended), or use conditional <include> elements (one per condition). If you're in the lab, you obviously have direct control over how you assign participants to conditions. If on the web, you have several options:
- generate a random id for assignment (without replacement)
- use sequential id generation, or
- pass the id in via a query parameter if you want direct control.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search