Survey: delete Next button

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to delete the Next button on a Survey to go to the Next Survey page. I would like to go to the Next page automatically as soon as the participant answer to the last question. Is it possible?

Thanks, I wish you a Merry Christmas,

Elena
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ebroggin - Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to delete the Next button on a Survey to go to the Next Survey page. I would like to go to the Next page automatically as soon as the participant answer to the last question. Is it possible?

Elena

No, I'm afraid that's not possible. You can revise your responses to survey questions (e.g., answer 1st question, answer 2nd question, change response in 1st question) and/or answer them in any order (e.g. 3rd question 1st, etc.). Consequently, submitting the responses requires an affirmative response (press on the next-button). The only way to make a surveypage move on automatically, would be to specify a /timeout, e.g. give participants a maximum of, say, 10 seconds to answer all the questions. It's not technically possible to actually get rid of the next button either, but you can position the button off-screen via the /nextbuttonposition attribute if need be.

I'm not sure what types of questions you are asking and how your task is intended to work specifically, but perhaps using standard <trial>, <likert> and/or <openended> elements would be better than using <surveypage>s.

Hope this helps.

tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Tuesday, December 20, 2016
ebroggin - Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Hello,

Elena

No, I'm afraid that's not possible. You can revise your responses to survey questions (e.g., answer 1st question, answer 2nd question, change response in 1st question) and/or answer them in any order (e.g. 3rd question 1st, etc.). Consequently, submitting the responses requires an affirmative response (press on the next-button). The only way to make a surveypage move on automatically, would be to specify a /timeout, e.g. give participants a maximum of, say, 10 seconds to answer all the questions. It's not technically possible to actually get rid of the next button either, but you can position the button off-screen via the /nextbuttonposition attribute if need be.

I'm not sure what types of questions you are asking and how your task is intended to work specifically, but perhaps using standard <trial>, <likert> and/or <openended> elements would be better than using <surveypage>s.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search