How to interpret IAT scores in Inquisit

Author
EmilieN
Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)Partner Member (648 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
So it is ok if I don't follow the recommendation in this case? Could I justify this with arguing that I've used six IATs and I didn't want to loose any data or/and subjects?
Thanks again for helping me out!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> So it is ok if I don't follow the recommendation in this case?

That seems like a subjective call to make, and it certainly isn't mine to make -- given that the question is neither about how scores are calculated (they are calculated using the "improved algorithm" regardless) nor to Inquisit more broadly. If you can put forth good arguments for not excluding subjects, I'd say it's fine. But I am neither in a position to find those arguments (I know nothing about your broader study) nor to judge their merit (my opinion matters little; what matters are the opinions of your co-authors, reviewers, thesis advisors, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Philipp-Werner@gmx.de
Philipp-Werner@gmx.de
Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)Associate Member (187 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Is it possible to run a mediation with the d-scores (Greenwald, 2003, improved) as the results of the IAT for the implicit associations as a dependent variable? We are not sure about it because of the negative values and because we have a different scale (7-point lickert) which is also included in the mediation analysis. We also thought about a transformation of the d-score data or something similar before running the mediaion to make the results of the IAT comparable with our other scales or is this not necessary? The same question arises for running a regression analysis. Is this possible with the d-score results?

Maybe somebody of you has experience with something similar or can give some advice.

Thanks a lot in advance!

AndresCorredor
AndresCorredor
Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)Partner Member (874 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am running an IAT and I am trying to get familiar with the data output. For some reason I´m only getting 1 output file instead of two (according to the user manual - https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v5/iat/pictureiat/pictureiat.manual - I should be getting two different files, the raw data and the summary data.). Does anybody knows why is this happening?

Also in the RAW Data file I am getting 180 lines of d-scores (- the practice trials). Is there a summary score for the overall association? how can I know if the association is positive or negative between the targets and the attributes?

Thank you in advance for all your help,

Andres

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AndresCorredor - Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Hi,

I am running an IAT and I am trying to get familiar with the data output. For some reason I´m only getting 1 output file instead of two (according to the user manual - https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v5/iat/pictureiat/pictureiat.manual - I should be getting two different files, the raw data and the summary data.). Does anybody knows why is this happening?

Also in the RAW Data file I am getting 180 lines of d-scores (- the practice trials). Is there a summary score for the overall association? how can I know if the association is positive or negative between the targets and the attributes?

Thank you in advance for all your help,

Andres

Whether you get one or two files depends on the script and Inquisit version you're using. At any rate, the overall D-score in the raw data file is the value in the expressions.d column in the final row of data for a given participant. As for what the score means, see the first post in this thread.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search