Help with Stroop task please

Author
demaioa007
Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)Associate Member (120 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have downloaded a Stroop task from the library. I programmed the script to randomly display an image. I am wondering how can I see what the participants saw in the data? I have attached both my script and the output data.

-If the data file does not contain the specific image shown each trial, is there a way I can trace back what they saw?

-If not, in the future, what can I program in to the script to be able to see what image was shown each trial?

I am trying to look at if they image on the screen (serving as a distractor) affects the time and accuracy of the results of the stroop task

Thank you

Attachments
F2017Stroop.iqx (273 views, 23.00 KB)
stroop data file.xlsx (326 views, 16.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
demaioa007 - Wednesday, January 10, 2018
I have downloaded a Stroop task from the library. I programmed the script to randomly display an image. I am wondering how can I see what the participants saw in the data? I have attached both my script and the output data.

-If the data file does not contain the specific image shown each trial, is there a way I can trace back what they saw?

-If not, in the future, what can I program in to the script to be able to see what image was shown each trial?

I am trying to look at if they image on the screen (serving as a distractor) affects the time and accuracy of the results of the stroop task

Thank you

No, I'm afraid you can't because you did not record that data.

Your <data> element's /columns contains only a single stimulusitem column

<data>
/file = "StroopWithControlKeyboard_raw.iqdat"
/separatefiles = true
/ columns = [build date time subject blockcode blocknum trialcode trialnum values.congruency
            stimulusitem

response correct latency
            expressions.congruentlatency expressions.incongruentlatency expressions.controllatency
            expressions.meanRTcorr_congruent expressions.meanRTcorr_incongruent expressions.meanRTcorr_control
            expressions.congruentcorrect expressions.incongruentcorrect expressions.controlcorrect]
</data>

i.e. it is set up to capture only the item of the 1st stimulus element displayed by each <trial> element, i.e. it will capture the item selected for the bolded stimuli

<trial redcongruent>
/ontrialbegin = [values.count_congruent += 1]
/ontrialbegin = [values.congruency = 1]
/ pretrialpause = 200
/ stimulustimes = [1=redcongruent, redreminder, greenreminder, bluereminder, blackreminder, images]
/ correctresponse = ("d")
/ validresponse = ("d", "f", "j", "k")
/ errormessage = true(x, 400)
/ontrialend = [if (trial.redcongruent.correct) {values.countcorrect_congruent += 1; values.sumrt_congruent += trial.redcongruent.latency}]
</trial>

<trial redincongruent>
/ontrialbegin = [values.count_incongruent += 1]
/ontrialbegin = [values.congruency = 2]
/ pretrialpause = 200
/ stimulustimes = [1=redincongruent, redreminder, greenreminder, bluereminder, blackreminder, images]
/ correctresponse = ("d")
/ validresponse = ("d", "f", "j", "k")
/ errormessage = true(x, 400)
/ontrialend = [if (trial.redincongruent.correct) {values.countcorrect_incongruent += 1; values.sumrt_incongruent += trial.redincongruent.latency}]
</trial>

and so forth. The remaining stimuli (in italics) will not be captured.

You can either add further stimulusitem columns to the /columns attribute, i.e. a total of six to capture all stimuli's items

<data>
/separatefiles = true
/ columns = [build date time subject blockcode blocknum trialcode trialnum values.congruency
            stimulusitem
stimulusitem stimulusitem stimulusitem stimulusitem stimulusitem
            response correct latency
            expressions.congruentlatency expressions.incongruentlatency expressions.controllatency
            expressions.meanRTcorr_congruent expressions.meanRTcorr_incongruent expressions.meanRTcorr_control
            expressions.congruentcorrect expressions.incongruentcorrect expressions.controlcorrect]
</data>

or -- if you only want to capture the item displayed by <picture images> specifically -- you can log that <picture> element's currentitem property:

<data>
/separatefiles = true
            stimulusitem picture.images.currentitem

response correct latency
</data>
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search