Multiple Runs of Same Script

Author
Beth
Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am hoping to run a single script/block 10,000 times and am hoping to find a way to automate this process. I was hoping someone was aware of a function or way I could use to do so?

Thanks in advance!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Beth - Tuesday, February 6, 2018
I am hoping to run a single script/block 10,000 times and am hoping to find a way to automate this process. I was hoping someone was aware of a function or way I could use to do so?

Thanks in advance!

Can you be a bit more specific about what that script or block (which is it?) is, why you're aiming to run it 10,000 times and whether you are aiming to do this in Inquisit Lab or Inquisit Web?

In case the idea is to generate test data in Inquisit Lab or the like, the best approach would be to write a small command line script to run execute the script repeatedly. See https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/howtocommandline.htm for Inquisit's command line parameters.

In case you are really talking about a <block> or sequence of <block>s you wish to execute 10,000 times, you should be able to do this via the <expt>'s /blocks attribute as in

<expt>
/ blocks = [1-10000=myblock]
</expt>

Here, there would be no need to execute the script repeatedly, a single run of the script can execute the block 10,000 times.

Beth
Beth
Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)Esteemed Member (2K reputation)
Dave - Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Thanks in advance!

Can you be a bit more specific about what that script or block (which is it?) is, why you're aiming to run it 10,000 times and whether you are aiming to do this in Inquisit Lab or Inquisit Web?

In case the idea is to generate test data in Inquisit Lab or the like, the best approach would be to write a small command line script to run execute the script repeatedly. See https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/howto/howtocommandline.htm for Inquisit's command line parameters.

In case you are really talking about a <block> or sequence of <block>s you wish to execute 10,000 times, you should be able to do this via the <expt>'s /blocks attribute as in

<expt>
</expt>

Here, there would be no need to execute the script repeatedly, a single run of the script can execute the block 10,000 times.

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for the confusion - I am hoping to automatically run a whole script multiple times in Inquisit Lab, so I would assume I need to use the command line scripts.

How would I go about doing so - do you need to set up an .exe file using Notepad or something similar? Just a bit confused about how to get started on that and how to use the code to get it to run a specific number of times?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Beth - Thursday, February 8, 2018

Thanks in advance!

<expt>
</expt>

Thanks for your reply! Sorry for the confusion - I am hoping to automatically run a whole script multiple times in Inquisit Lab, so I would assume I need to use the command line scripts.

How would I go about doing so - do you need to set up an .exe file using Notepad or something similar? Just a bit confused about how to get started on that and how to use the code to get it to run a specific number of times?

You would write a small Windows batch file (*.cmd or *.bat extension) that just loops things -- i.e. repeatedly fires up Inquisit with the script in question -- 10,000 times.

Here's an example that would execute a file called "script.iqx" located in the folder "D:\loop\" 100 times.

@echo off
set INQUISITPATH="C:\Program Files\Millisecond Software\Inquisit 5\Inquisit.exe"
set SCRIPTPATH="D:\loop\script.iqx"

for /l %%x in (1, 1, 100) do (
   echo %%x
   start "" /wait %INQUISITPATH% %SCRIPTPATH% -s %%x -g 1
)

Copy that text into Notepad and save it with the extension *.cmd instead of *.txt

Beth
Beth
Dave - Friday, February 9, 2018

Thanks in advance!

<expt>
</expt>

You would write a small Windows batch file (*.cmd or *.bat extension) that just loops things -- i.e. repeatedly fires up Inquisit with the script in question -- 10,000 times.

Here's an example that would execute a file called "script.iqx" located in the folder "D:\loop\" 100 times.

@echo off
set INQUISITPATH="C:\Program Files\Millisecond Software\Inquisit 5\Inquisit.exe"

echo %%x
)

Copy that text into Notepad and save it with the extension *.cmd instead of *.txt

Thanks for your reply - I'm not sure what the issue is but I've set up the .cmd file but all it seems to do is run the numbers 1-100 in a Windows command file and doesn't seem to open Inquisit or save any Inquisit data. Below is the code I set up.

arithmetically
I need to get monkey to run through it a I need to get monkey to run through it a I need to get monkey to run through it multiple times in order to calculate chance performance (we want to do this in addition to calculating chance arithmetically)

@echo off
set SCRIPTPATH="C:\_MIVSL\_MIVSL\_script.iqx"

echo %%x
)

Dave
Dave
Beth - Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Dave - Friday, February 9, 2018

Thanks in advance!

<expt>
</expt>

@echo off

echo %%x
)

Thanks for your reply - I'm not sure what the issue is but I've set up the .cmd file but all it seems to do is run the numbers 1-100 in a Windows command file and doesn't seem to open Inquisit or save any Inquisit data. Below is the code I set up.

arithmetically
I need to get monkey to run through it a I need to get monkey to run through it a I need to get monkey to run through it multiple times in order to calculate chance performance (we want to do this in addition to calculating chance arithmetically)

@echo off
set SCRIPTPATH="C:\_MIVSL\_MIVSL\_script.iqx"

echo %%x
)

I can't speak to whether the paths are correct, however, if you want the monkey to complete the script you need to pass the additional command line switch, "-m" (for mode) as in

start "" /wait %INQUISITPATH% %SCRIPTPATH% -s %%x -g 1 -m monkey

When you run this, all the paths -- to the Inquisit executable, to the script, you'll want to double-check those -- are correct, and the script doesn't contain any errors, you will visibly see Inquisit open and run through the script.

I'm attaching a small example, all files are expected to be stored under D:\loop\ and Inquisit is expected to be installed under "C:\Program Files\Millisecond Software\Inquisit 5\"

Attachments
loop.zip (233 views, 803 bytes)
Beth
Beth
Thankyou - got it working now!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search