CPT

Author
barlab
Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I'm new to programming and to Inquisit, and am wondering if anyone knows how to modify the CPT script to be more similar to the Connors CPT that is 14 minutes long? Also I've noticed that I can't exit out of a task once it is running without restarting my computer - any advice?
Many thanks in advance.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
barlab - Friday, February 23, 2018
Hi,
I'm new to programming and to Inquisit, and am wondering if anyone knows how to modify the CPT script to be more similar to the Connors CPT that is 14 minutes long? Also I've noticed that I can't exit out of a task once it is running without restarting my computer - any advice?
Many thanks in advance.

You can gracefully exit out of any currently running script by pressing CTRL+Q at any point. You can skip through blocks by pressing CTRL+B.

As for modifying the CPT / changing its length, there already is a short (10 blocks per phase) and a long (20 blocks per phase) version implemented in the script (cf. https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v5/cpt/cptrosvold/cptrosvold.manual ). You could adjust the amount the of blocks per either phase to get the desired approximate duration.

Entering an odd groupnumber will run the short version (approx. 5 minutes):

<expt fiveminute>
/ subjects = (1 of 2)
/groupassignment = groupnumber

/ blocks = [1=instructions; 2 - 3 = x_practice; 4-13=x; 14=rest; 15=instructions; 16-17 = ax_practice; 18-27=ax]
</expt>

It runs 10 "x" test blocks and 10 "ax" test blocks.

To run the long version (approx. 10 minutes), enter an even groupnumber:

<expt tenminute>
/ subjects = (2 of 2)
/groupassignment = groupnumber

/ blocks = [1=instructions; 2-3 = x_practice; 4-23=x; 24=rest; 25=instructions; 26-27 = ax_practice; 28-47=ax]
</expt>

It runs 20 "x" test blocks and 20 "ax" test blocks.

To get to approx. 14 to 15 minutes, running around 30 blocks each should do the trick. You can further toy around with in- or decreasing the amount of practice blocks and/or in- or decreasing the duration of the rest period between the two phases.

Edited 6 Years Ago by Dave
barlab
barlab
Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)Respected Member (472 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Friday, February 23, 2018
barlab - Friday, February 23, 2018
Hi,
Many thanks in advance.

You can gracefully exit out of any currently running script by pressing CTRL+Q at any point. You can skip through blocks by pressing CTRL+B.

As for modifying the CPT / changing its length, there already is a short (10 blocks per phase) and a long (20 blocks per phase) version implemented in the script (cf. https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/v5/cpt/cptrosvold/cptrosvold.manual ). You could adjust the amount the of blocks per either phase to get the desired approximate duration.

Thank you! Very helpful
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search