MTurk Study Concerns

Author
StudentRB
Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)Associate Member (136 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hello All,
I am a university student running a study utilizing IATs and explicit scripts. It was recognized - during the trial run - that some MTurk participants had force quit (Ctrl + Q) the IATs involved in the study. This is an issue considering the participants on MTurk are getting paid for their time. Although additional force quit procedures can be added in the code, can the default Ctrl + Q procedure be disabled? As it stands once the additional code is added for a new quit procedure both the new procedure and the default code are active. I greatly appreciate any help that can be offered regarding this issue.

Cheers
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
StudentRB - Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Hello All,
I am a university student running a study utilizing IATs and explicit scripts. It was recognized - during the trial run - that some MTurk participants had force quit (Ctrl + Q) the IATs involved in the study. This is an issue considering the participants on MTurk are getting paid for their time. Although additional force quit procedures can be added in the code, can the default Ctrl + Q procedure be disabled? As it stands once the additional code is added for a new quit procedure both the new procedure and the default code are active. I greatly appreciate any help that can be offered regarding this issue.

Cheers

No, it's not possible to disable the CTRL+Q key combination, I'm afraid. The only thing that is possible -- as you noted -- is to specify another key combination per /quitcommand that would work _in addition_ to the built-in CTRL+Q key combo.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search