No script errors, but won't launch

Author
shane
Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've a script that won't run or launch, but which does not produce any error messages and validates fine.  I've attempted on a number of machines, all to the same null effect so to speak. Thus, I suppose my question is what could cause a program to not run while also not producing error notifications? 
shane
shane
Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.6K reputation)
shane - Friday, March 9, 2018
I've a script that won't run or launch, but which does not produce any error messages and validates fine.  I've attempted on a number of machines, all to the same null effect so to speak. Thus, I suppose my question is what could cause a program to not run while also not producing error notifications? 

It may be that I inadvertently programmed the script using v.5, but am attempting to run it with my licensed copies of v4.  When I download a free trial version of v5 on my lab machines, the script runs fine.  But, As noted, I own v4 so would prefer to use those. If so, how can I correct that?  
shane
shane

It may be that I inadvertently programmed the script using v.5, but am attempting to run it with my licensed copies of v4.  When I download a free trial version of v5 on my lab machines, the script runs fine.  But, As noted, I own v4 so would prefer to use those. If so, how can I correct that?  

I've tried copying the script into v4 and saving it as a v4 script, but it won't launch. I'm assuming then that there is something in the script that isn't one version backward compatible, but why I wouldn't get an error message is still a mystery for me.  Any help will be appreciated! 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

I've tried copying the script into v4 and saving it as a v4 script, but it won't launch. I'm assuming then that there is something in the script that isn't one version backward compatible, but why I wouldn't get an error message is still a mystery for me.  Any help will be appreciated! 

Attach the script here (click +Insert -> Add File) and I'll tell you what's wrong with it. I can't do so without seeing the actual code.

shane
shane
Dave - Friday, March 9, 2018

Attach the script here (click +Insert -> Add File) and I'll tell you what's wrong with it. I can't do so without seeing the actual code.

Thanks!
Attachments
ACCF_Sp2018.iqx (302 views, 8.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Dave - Friday, March 9, 2018

Thanks!

Thanks for attaching the file. There was a stray double-quote in one of your <page> elements, which I've fixed in the file attached below. Generally it's a good idea to properly escape special characters such as quotes when using them in <page>s or within text items (cf. http://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/language/specialchars.htm ).

Hope this helps!

Attachments
ACCF_Sp2018.iqx (292 views, 8.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search