anchoring experiment

Author
Jens Bölte
Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I try to program an anchoring experiment a la Kahneman & Tversky. First, participants indicate whether a given quantity is smaller or larger than a "random" anchor. Next, they have to estimate the quantity. Unfortunately, I am unable to present the two related questions in a row. At the moment, I always present the first of the eight estimate questions while the judgment questions are, as wanted, presented in a random manner. So, I can't link the two questions together. As always, suggestions are welcome.

Best wishes Jens

Attachments
AnkereffektV2a.iqx (610 views, 2.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
jens - Monday, March 19, 2018
Hello,

I try to program an anchoring experiment a la Kahneman & Tversky. First, participants indicate whether a given quantity is smaller or larger than a "random" anchor. Next, they have to estimate the quantity. Unfortunately, I am unable to present the two related questions in a row. At the moment, I always present the first of the eight estimate questions while the judgment questions are, as wanted, presented in a random manner. So, I can't link the two questions together. As always, suggestions are welcome.

Best wishes Jens

The /caption atttribute in <caption capniedrig> should read

<caption capniedrig>
/caption = "<%text.tniedrigurteil.item(values.position)%>"
/position = (37%, 45%)
</caption>

for this to work.

Jens Bölte
Jens Bölte
Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)Guru (9.4K reputation)
Dave - Monday, March 19, 2018
Hello,

Best wishes Jens

<caption capniedrig>
/position = (37%, 45%)
</caption>

for this to work.

Hello,
thanks a lot for this advice. However, the caption is not displayed and inquisit gives a warning that a parameter or a result was out of range in the expression /caption = "<%text.tniedrigurteil.item(values.position)%>" (which is the reason why the caption is not displayed.)

Best wishes Jens

Attachments
AnkereffektV2a.iqx (624 views, 2.00 KB)
Jens Bölte
Jens Bölte
jens - Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Dave - Monday, March 19, 2018
Hello,

Best wishes Jens

<caption capniedrig>
/position = (37%, 45%)
</caption>

for this to work.

Hello,
thanks a lot for this advice. However, the caption is not displayed and inquisit gives a warning that a parameter or a result was out of range in the expression /caption = "<%text.tniedrigurteil.item(values.position)%>" (which is the reason why the caption is not displayed.)

Best wishes Jens

Hello,

I found the error. I forgot to specify the items of the list-element.

Best wishes Jens

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search