Inquisit Errors

Author
Juanp60
Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I hope this message finds you well.

I noticed the following errors:
WIC Error: 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect. Line 1773, File win\Direct2DGraphics.cpp
Unable to load the picture

Thus, I was wondering about possible reasons of these errors.

Thank you,
Juan
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Juanp60 - Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Hello,

WIC Error: 0x80070057 The parameter is incorrect. Line 1773, File win\Direct2DGraphics.cpp

Thank you,
Juan

WIC stands for Windows Imaging Component. It's a standard Windows operating system component that applications, including Inquisit, use to render images on-screen. The error indicates that there's a problem with either the WIC on your system -- it could be outdated; WIC updates are shipped via WIndows Update, so make sure the system is fully up to date -- or with the specific images you are using. For example, invalid metadata in JPEG files or other image formats can cause this error. You can remove the image metadata via your preferred image editing application, or use something like IrfanView (free) to remove image metadata in bulk if you're dealing with many image files.

Juanp60
Juanp60
Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)
Dave - Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Hello,

Thank you,
Juan

WIC stands for Windows Imaging Component. It's a standard Windows operating system component that applications, including Inquisit, use to render images on-screen. The error indicates that there's a problem with either the WIC on your system -- it could be outdated; WIC updates are shipped via WIndows Update, so make sure the system is fully up to date -- or with the specific images you are using. For example, invalid metadata in JPEG files or other image formats can cause this error. You can remove the image metadata via your preferred image editing application, or use something like IrfanView (free) to remove image metadata in bulk if you're dealing with many image files.

Ahh, I see. So, it is likely that some of my participants are using an outdated WIC or my image metadata from my IAT image files are causing the error.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello,

Thank you,
Juan

Ahh, I see. So, it is likely that some of my participants are using an outdated WIC or my image metadata from my IAT image files are causing the error.

Yes, that's possible. Different Windows versions come with different versions of WIC -- especially older versions don't handle invalid metadata well. If you clean the images' metadata, most of these issues will probably go away.

Juanp60
Juanp60
Dave - Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Hello,

Thank you,
Juan

Yes, that's possible. Different Windows versions come with different versions of WIC -- especially older versions don't handle invalid metadata well. If you clean the images' metadata, most of these issues will probably go away.

Thank you, Dave.

Best,
Juan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search