Inquisit Errors

Author
Juanp60
Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,
I am collecting data, and I have noticed the following errors: 

Cocoa Error: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made. Line 298, File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/mac/Path_mac.mm

Inquisit was unable to contact the server to verify that this script is licensed. The script will not be run. 

I am wondering how I can best address this. It seems that it can be an internet connection error. 

Thank you,
Juan
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Juanp60 - Thursday, April 12, 2018
Hello,

Cocoa Error: An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made. Line 298, File /Users/seandr/inquisit/IQRuntime/mac/Path_mac.mm

Inquisit was unable to contact the server to verify that this script is licensed. The script will not be run. 

I am wondering how I can best address this. It seems that it can be an internet connection error. 

Thank you,
Juan

Yeah, the error indicates that Inquisit can't establish an SSL connection to the server -- Inquisit uses the operating system's standard SSL library for that, so the error doesn't directly originate in Inquisit, but at the level of the underlying operating system. Reasons could be:
- An outdated system SSL library, installing all available outstanding system updates should fix that.
- A misconfiguration in the operating system's SSL settings, specifically it may be that TLS has been disabled, although this is rather unlikely.
- Some other application, firewall or proxy in the network is messing with or preventing the SSL connection.

Edited 6 Years Ago by Dave
Juanp60
Juanp60
Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)Expert (1.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Thursday, April 12, 2018
Juanp60 - Thursday, April 12, 2018
Hello,

Thank you,
Juan

Yeah, the error indicates that Inquisit can't establish an SSL connection to the server -- Inquisit uses the operating system's standard SSL library (OpenSSL) for that, so the error doesn't directly originate in Inquisit, but at the level of the underlying operating system. Reasons could be:
- An outdated system SSL library, installing all available outstanding system updates should fix that.
- A misconfiguration in the operating system's SSL settings, specifically it may be that TLS has been disabled, although this is rather unlikely.
- Some other application, firewall or proxy in the network is messing with or preventing the SSL connection.

Thank you, Dave. I'll make sure to pass along that information.

Best,
Juan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search