Change word colour for an emotional Stroop task

Author
sherry09
Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 
I was wondering what colours can use for words in an emotional stroop task. I was able to change the word colour from yellow to purple but I can't seem to be able to change it to orange. I would was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? 

Thanks in advance :) 
Sherry09
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
sherry09 - Monday, April 30, 2018
Hello, 
I was wondering what colours can use for words in an emotional stroop task. I was able to change the word colour from yellow to purple but I can't seem to be able to change it to orange. I would was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? 

Sherry09

The colors for the various categories are defined in <list>s:

<list Aggression_selectcolor>
/items = (red, green, blue, yellow)
/replace = false
</list>

<list colorword_selectcolor>
/replace = false
</list>

<list practiceword_selectcolor>
/replace = false
</list>

If you want to use orange instead of yellow, replace yellow in the above lists with orange, as in

/items = (red, green, blue, orange)
/replace = false
</list>
sherry09
sherry09
Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)Partner Member (740 reputation)
Dave - Monday, April 30, 2018
Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

If you want to use orange instead of yellow, replace yellow in the above lists with orange, as in

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 
Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's what I did. Then I tried to validate the script and it came back with errors. Then I tried the same code with the colour Pink and it worked fine. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks! 
Sherry
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 
Thanks for your reply. Yeah that's what I did. Then I tried to validate the script and it came back with errors. Then I tried the same code with the colour Pink and it worked fine. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong?

Thanks! 
Sherry

I'd have to see your actual script to say what / where the error is. For the record, I've made the change exactly as outlined in my previous reply and it did not result in any errors for me -- script runs fine, and the words are displayed in orange as they should.

Attach your script here (click +Insert -> Add File) and I'll give it a look.

Dave
Dave
Dave - Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 

Thanks! 
Sherry

I'd have to see your actual script to say what / where the error is. For the record, I've made the change exactly as outlined in my previous reply and it did not result in any errors for me -- script runs fine, and the words are displayed in orange as they should.

Attaching the script I modified below in case you want to compare it to yours or check if you get the same error when running it.

Attachments
sherry09
sherry09
Hello, 

Sherry09

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

/replace = false
</list>

Hi Dave, 

Thanks! 
Sherry

Attaching the script I modified below in case you want to compare it to yours or check if you get the same error when running it.

That is amazing! Thank you so much :) 
Sherry09
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search