How to control number of items in a trial (newbie question)

Author
Musashi Jason
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I'm ramping up my knowledge with Inquisit 5 but am still very green. I ran across the script attached and am hoping to modify it by adding images to be displayed before auditory stimuli but am stuck at a very trivial point.

I can't figure out why this script runs 20 stimuli for each trial. I know it is likely a very basic question but could someone point me to the location in the script code that makes the experiment run for two sets of 20?

Regards

Jason

P.S. I've already hacked it a bit so this is not identical to the one I found here on the forums.
Attachments
script.iqx (574 views, 3.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Musashi Jason - Thursday, May 10, 2018
Hello,

I'm ramping up my knowledge with Inquisit 5 but am still very green. I ran across the script attached and am hoping to modify it by adding images to be displayed before auditory stimuli but am stuck at a very trivial point.

I can't figure out why this script runs 20 stimuli for each trial. I know it is likely a very basic question but could someone point me to the location in the script code that makes the experiment run for two sets of 20?

Regards

Jason

P.S. I've already hacked it a bit so this is not identical to the one I found here on the forums.

So, there's a <block>

<block SRTTblock>
/ onblockbegin = [
    text.focus.textcolor = parameters.screencolor;
    text.focus.textbgcolor = parameters.screencolor;

block.SRTTblock.screencolor = parameters.screencolor;
]
/ trials = [1 =  SRTT]
/ preinstructions = (instruct)
/ postinstructions = (feedback)
/ stop = [trial.SRTT.count == parameters.maxtrialnumber]
</block>

with a /stop condition: If the number of instances of <trial SRTT> is equal to parameters.maxtrialnumber, the block terminates. That parameter is set to 20

<parameters>
/targetspeaker = -10000
/volumeadjust = 0
/maxtrialnumber = 20
/screencolor = white
/speakerfixed = 0
/volumefixed = 0
</parameters>

Musashi Jason
Musashi Jason
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Thursday, May 10, 2018
Musashi Jason - Thursday, May 10, 2018
Hello,

Regards

Jason

So, there's a <block>

<block SRTTblock>
/ onblockbegin = [
    text.focus.textcolor = parameters.screencolor;
    text.focus.textbgcolor = parameters.screencolor;

block.SRTTblock.screencolor = parameters.screencolor;
]
/ trials = [1 =  SRTT]
/ preinstructions = (instruct)
/ postinstructions = (feedback)
/ stop = [trial.SRTT.count == parameters.maxtrialnumber]
</block>

with a /stop condition: If the number of instances of <trial SRTT> is equal to parameters.maxtrialnumber, the block terminates. That parameter is set to 20

<parameters>
/targetspeaker = -10000
/volumeadjust = 0
/maxtrialnumber = 20
/screencolor = white
/speakerfixed = 0
/volumefixed = 0
</parameters>

Dave,

Thanks, once again, for your excellent help. I was afraid it was going to be something painfully simple. :-/ I don't know why I didn't think to simply search for "20" in the script. Sorry for taking your time but thank you very much for your patient help.

Regards

Jason
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search