Presenting an image in a survey

Author
jbi
Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)Partner Member (582 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, I am trying to present and image and text (or text & questions) simultaneously. When I run the script on my computer, it works fine. However, when I run the script through the millisecond host, the images do not show up. Originally, I thought it was an issue with downloading, so I re-wrote the script so the survey and the implicit measure are downloading simultaneously. But, I again find that the image presented in the survey doesn't show up, but the image presented in the implicit measure does show up. Do you mind helping? 

Here is the webpage host of my experiment: https://mili2nd.co/ihjb
I've also attached all of my files so you can take a look. 
Attachments
Study Materials.zip (234 views, 3.00 MB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
jbi - Friday, July 13, 2018
Hello, I am trying to present and image and text (or text & questions) simultaneously. When I run the script on my computer, it works fine. However, when I run the script through the millisecond host, the images do not show up. Originally, I thought it was an issue with downloading, so I re-wrote the script so the survey and the implicit measure are downloading simultaneously. But, I again find that the image presented in the survey doesn't show up, but the image presented in the implicit measure does show up. Do you mind helping? 

Here is the webpage host of my experiment: https://mili2nd.co/ihjb
I've also attached all of my files so you can take a look. 

Make sure you have proper /imagesize specified for the pictures (<image> elements) you wish to display on your <surveypage> elements. I.e. try something like

<surveypage SPIN2>
/ subcaption = "Today's job market is highly competitive, making it difficult for even the most qualified candidates to find employment. Furthermore, with the high rates of job turnover, even those with jobs have no guarantee of keeping them.

Welfare programs such as Supporting Persons in Need, or SPIN, are able to help people in need."
/ subcaptionfontstyle = ("Arial", 14pt, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 14pt)
/ questions = [1=SPIN, Manip1]
/ finishlabel = "Continue"
</surveypage>

<image SPIN>
/ items = ("SPIN.jpg")
/ imagesize = (40%, 30%)
/ position = (25%,25%)

</image>

<surveypage SPIN3>
/ subcaption = "SPIN gives cash-based assistance to needy people and helps people work towards financial independence. People who enter this program receive assistance for a maximum of 12 months.

The demographics of the people on SPIN are similar to the demographics of the people on other types of welfare programs: 80% of the people on SPIN are African American, 15% are Hispanic, and 5% are White."
/ subcaptionfontstyle = ("Arial", 14pt, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 14pt)
/ questions = [1=SPINBlack, Manip_AA, Manip_H, Manip_W]
/ finishlabel = "Continue"
</surveypage>

<image SPINBlack>
/ items = ("SPINBlack.jpg")
/ imagesize = (30%, 20%)
/ position = (30%,30%)

</image>

Attachments
SPINBlack.iqx (476 views, 20.00 KB)
SPINWhite.iqx (328 views, 20.00 KB)
bisocpsy
bisocpsy
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
That was the issue, thanks!
bisocpsy
bisocpsy
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
bisocpsy - Friday, July 13, 2018

I have another question. The image doesn't present in the same place or the same size across different computer screen sizes. I thought that using the canvas ratio default (code below) would fix this issue. What should I be doing instead or in addition? Here is the link to the survey in case you're interested: https://mili2nd.co/ohjb

<defaults>
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 12pt, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ screencolor = white
/ txbgcolor = white
/ txcolor = black
/ minimumversion = "4.0.0.0"
/canvasaspectratio = (4, 3)
</defaults>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
bisocpsy - Saturday, July 14, 2018
bisocpsy - Friday, July 13, 2018

I have another question. The image doesn't present in the same place or the same size across different computer screen sizes. I thought that using the canvas ratio default (code below) would fix this issue. What should I be doing instead or in addition? Here is the link to the survey in case you're interested: https://mili2nd.co/ohjb

<defaults>
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 12pt, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ screencolor = white
/ txbgcolor = white
/ txcolor = black
/ minimumversion = "4.0.0.0"
/canvasaspectratio = (4, 3)
</defaults>

Not only should you define all positions and sizes in percentages, you should also define any font sizes in percentages. Otherwise things can vary considerably across different screen sizes and display resolutions.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search