iPad offline/online issue

Author
S F
Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi! We have a task working great on the iPad when its not stored locally and run offline. When we run it offline, our audio (which are all videos) have a media file error, which tells us that the audio file (an mp4) is not playable and that it can't load it. I've attached the task (the script is context_4_kids.iqx) and I've also had the same problem after converting everything to mp3s and having the script call on mp3s instead.

Anyone hear of a similar issue? Any tips? 
Thanks! 
Attachments
context_4_kids.iqx (494 views, 112.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
S F - Sunday, July 15, 2018
Hi! We have a task working great on the iPad when its not stored locally and run offline. When we run it offline, our audio (which are all videos) have a media file error, which tells us that the audio file (an mp4) is not playable and that it can't load it. I've attached the task (the script is context_4_kids.iqx) and I've also had the same problem after converting everything to mp3s and having the script call on mp3s instead.

Thanks! 

Hmm, if Inquisit throws a media file error, this indicates there's something wrong with the respective media file(s), i.e. they cannot be rendered. What that is, I cannot tell you, but I would try different encodings. It may also be that some of the files perhaps got corrupted during the download to the offline storage. Finally, just as a safeguard, try specifying all file names in the script in all-lowercase letters. Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

S F
S F
Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.3K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Monday, July 16, 2018
S F - Sunday, July 15, 2018

Thanks! 

Hmm, if Inquisit throws a media file error, this indicates there's something wrong with the respective media file(s), i.e. they cannot be rendered. What that is, I cannot tell you, but I would try different encodings. It may also be that some of the files perhaps got corrupted during the download to the offline storage. Finally, just as a safeguard, try specifying all file names in the script in all-lowercase letters. Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Hi! Thanks so much. It was definitely the uppercase issue (plus it needed mp3 files). every file got changed to lowercase when the scripts were copied and moved. not sure why it wasnt a problem when running from online, but it's working now!

thanks again!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search