Visual Dot Probe duration

Author
stefaniafranja
Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there, 
I am needing my dot probe to remain on screen until a response is made, and am wondering how to do that. In my parameters section, currently I can change the duration to a number (i.e. 2000ms), but am wondering what type of code is required to change it to remain until a response is made. 
Thank you kindly in advance for your assistance!
stefania 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
stefaniafranja - Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Hi there, 
I am needing my dot probe to remain on screen until a response is made, and am wondering how to do that. In my parameters section, currently I can change the duration to a number (i.e. 2000ms), but am wondering what type of code is required to change it to remain until a response is made. 
stefania 

If you are referring to one of the generic Dot Probe scripts at the bottom of https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/dotprobe/

then what you need to do is remove the /timeout attributes from the <trial> elements if you wish to have the probe remain on-screen and the trial last until a response is made. The value you specify for parameters.probeduration doesn't matter in this case. See the attached revision of the text-based generic Dot Probe script, which will display the probe on-screen indefinitely until a response is given.

Attachments
genericdotprobe_words.iqx (570 views, 45.00 KB)
stefaniafranja
stefaniafranja
Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, July 18, 2018
stefaniafranja - Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Hi there, 
stefania 

If you are referring to one of the generic Dot Probe scripts at the bottom of https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/dotprobe/

then what you need to do is remove the /timeout attributes from the <trial> elements if you wish to have the probe remain on-screen and the trial last until a response is made. The value you specify for parameters.probeduration doesn't matter in this case. See the attached revision of the text-based generic Dot Probe script, which will display the probe on-screen indefinitely until a response is given.

Hi Supreme Being, 
Can't thank you enough for that - it was such an easy fix and I would have never found it on my own!
Thank you a thousand times!
stefania 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search