removing 'next' option from a surveypage

Author
jamieward
Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)Expert (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I want to remove the 'next' button from a survey page and just want to display the screen for a controlled amount of time (I basically want them to see an image for 5 seconds and then answer questions about it).

I can figure out how to display for 5 seconds but not how to remove the 'next'...

<surveypage p1>
/ questions = [1=patterns]
/ showbackbutton = false
/timeout = 5000
</surveypage>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
You cannot strictly "remove" the button. What you can do is move it off-screen via the /nextbuttonposition attribute:

<surveypage p1>
/ showbackbutton = false
/timeout = 5000
/ nextbuttonposition = (-10%, -10%)
</surveypage>
ArifahAd
ArifahAd
Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)
Dave - Tuesday, October 27, 2015
You cannot strictly "remove" the button. What you can do is move it off-screen via the /nextbuttonposition attribute:

<surveypage p1>
/ showbackbutton = false
/timeout = 5000
/ nextbuttonposition = (-10%, -10%)
</surveypage>

This is what I need to do to, but how do you put it back again once the required questions have been answered?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
ArifahAd - Thursday, July 19, 2018

This is what I need to do to, but how do you put it back again once the required questions have been answered?

That is not possible. Nota bene: If you have set a question's /required attribute to true, the page will not move on before the question has been answered, not even when the "next" button is clicked.

ArifahAd
ArifahAd
Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)
Dave - Thursday, July 19, 2018

That is not possible. Nota bene: If you have set a question's /required attribute to true, the page will not move on before the question has been answered, not even when the "next" button is clicked.

Yes that is what is happening now, but I have a stimulus image about which the users have to answer three questions all required - if any question is not answered when they click the page doesn't move on but the image disappears.

Dave
Dave
ArifahAd - Sunday, July 22, 2018
Dave - Thursday, July 19, 2018

Yes that is what is happening now, but I have a stimulus image about which the users have to answer three questions all required - if any question is not answered when they click the page doesn't move on but the image disappears.

For future reference, answered here: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost25304.aspx

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search