trial stimulustimes

Author
scollin
Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have set up an experiment in Inquisit where participants see, on each trial, a fixation cross followed by 5 different stimuli, presented subsequently one at the time. It then saves all participants' responses during the trial in 'values.responses'. Currently, the times when each stimulus comes on the screen during a trial is set in stimulustimes in milliseconds (see below). However, I was wondering if it is possible to set it up in such a way that the trial continues to the next stimulus in the trial only when the participant pressed a button, e.g. the space bar. in other words, that 'learning2' stimulus would not onset at 7000 milliseconds but would wait until the participant has pressed the button, etc. Thanks!

<trial learning>
/ ontrialbegin = [values.responses="";]
/ stimulustimes = [1=fixation; 1000=learning1; 7000=learning2; 27000=learning3; 58000=learning4; 84000=learning5]
/ isvalidresponse = [{values.responses=concat(concat(values.responses, ","), trial.learning.response); false;}]
/ recorddata = true
/ beginresponsetime = 0
/ inputdevice = keyboard
/ responseinterrupt = trial
/ timeout = 50000
</trial>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
scollin - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
I have set up an experiment in Inquisit where participants see, on each trial, a fixation cross followed by 5 different stimuli, presented subsequently one at the time. It then saves all participants' responses during the trial in 'values.responses'. Currently, the times when each stimulus comes on the screen during a trial is set in stimulustimes in milliseconds (see below). However, I was wondering if it is possible to set it up in such a way that the trial continues to the next stimulus in the trial only when the participant pressed a button, e.g. the space bar. in other words, that 'learning2' stimulus would not onset at 7000 milliseconds but would wait until the participant has pressed the button, etc. Thanks!

<trial learning>
/ stimulustimes = [1=fixation; 1000=learning1; 7000=learning2; 27000=learning3; 58000=learning4; 84000=learning5]
/ isvalidresponse = [{values.responses=concat(concat(values.responses, ","), trial.learning.response); false;}]
/ recorddata = true
/ beginresponsetime = 0
/ inputdevice = keyboard
/ timeout = 50000
</trial>

To do this, you would have to split things into separate trials and run them in sequence. I.e. trial presents learning1 and waits for a response, then trial that presents learning2 and waits for a response, trial that presents learning3 and waits for response, and so forth.

scollin
scollin
Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)Partner Member (883 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Wednesday, July 25, 2018
scollin - Wednesday, July 25, 2018

<trial learning>
/ recorddata = true
/ beginresponsetime = 0
/ inputdevice = keyboard
/ timeout = 50000
</trial>

To do this, you would have to split things into separate trials and run them in sequence. I.e. trial presents learning1 and waits for a response, then trial that presents learning2 and waits for a response, trial that presents learning3 and waits for response, and so forth.

Ok, thanks!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search