Creating two response boxes on openended page

Author
alexknyde
Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello! I'm very new to Inquisit so I hope I can express my questions clearly!

I'm attempting to edit a program that has been successfully used prior, and that already has eye-tracker integration. Because of this, the code is quite stable and we would prefer to make the smallest number of changes, overall, possible. The program shows the user a photo and requests them to type a response while looking at said photo, using an openended page format. The only change we want to make is to add another response box, so that they need to type into two boxes before moving to the next page. 

Is there a simple way to add a second text box into an openended page? I couldn't find an obvious answer in the documentation. If we cannot do so, could someone explain a simple way to create such a thing?

Thank you so much in advance! I've attached the code for reference, with the eye tracker parts removed so it will run. 
Attachments
AA_describe_noeyetracker.exp (572 views, 6.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
alexknyde - Thursday, July 26, 2018

I'm attempting to edit a program that has been successfully used prior, and that already has eye-tracker integration. Because of this, the code is quite stable and we would prefer to make the smallest number of changes, overall, possible. The program shows the user a photo and requests them to type a response while looking at said photo, using an openended page format. The only change we want to make is to add another response box, so that they need to type into two boxes before moving to the next page. 

Is there a simple way to add a second text box into an openended page? I couldn't find an obvious answer in the documentation. If we cannot do so, could someone explain a simple way to create such a thing?

Thank you so much in advance! I've attached the code for reference, with the eye tracker parts removed so it will run. 

It's not possible using <openended>. What you would have to do is replace the <openended> trial with a <surveypage> displaying the image and two <textbox> elements.

alexknyde
alexknyde
Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)Partner Member (588 reputation)
Dave - Thursday, July 26, 2018

It's not possible using <openended>. What you would have to do is replace the <openended> trial with a <surveypage> displaying the image and two <textbox> elements.

Alas, I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. Do you know of any example code that does this that I could reference?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Alas, I was hoping this wouldn't be the case. Do you know of any example code that does this that I could reference?

You would do something like

<trial exposure1>
/stimulustimes = [1=blank_rectangle, cross; 501= test_AAlarge]
/ timeout = 4500
/ correctresponse = (noresponse)
/ branch =[surveypage.exposure2]
</trial>

<surveypage exposure2>
/stimulusframes = [1= test_AAlarge2, descriptionbox]
/ questions = [1=textbox1; 2=textbox2]
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showpagenumbers = false
</surveypage>

with

<textbox textbox1>
</textbox>

and

<textbox textbox2>
</textbox>

configured, positioned and sized according to your needs.

alexknyde
alexknyde

You would do something like

<trial exposure1>
/stimulustimes = [1=blank_rectangle, cross; 501= test_AAlarge]
/ timeout = 4500
/ correctresponse = (noresponse)
/ branch =[surveypage.exposure2]
</trial>

<surveypage exposure2>
/stimulusframes = [1= test_AAlarge2, descriptionbox]
/ questions = [1=textbox1; 2=textbox2]
/ showquestionnumbers = false
/ showpagenumbers = false
</surveypage>

with

<textbox textbox1>
</textbox>

and

<textbox textbox2>
</textbox>

configured, positioned and sized according to your needs.

Thank you so much, that makes sense!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search