inputdevice mouse vs. tobii eye tracker

Author
Willem
Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

I seem to have the issue that when I use the mouse as an inputdevice on a trial, I cannot collect eye tracker data. Participants have to click on a picture for the next trial to begin, but if I use /inputdevice = mouse, the eye tracker does not collect data. 

Is there a way to both record eye tracker data and use the mouse to click on a picture to progress the trial?

Thanks!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Willem - Thursday, October 4, 2018
Hi all,

I seem to have the issue that when I use the mouse as an inputdevice on a trial, I cannot collect eye tracker data. Participants have to click on a picture for the next trial to begin, but if I use /inputdevice = mouse, the eye tracker does not collect data. 

Is there a way to both record eye tracker data and use the mouse to click on a picture to progress the trial?

Thanks!

To collect eyetracking data, the eyetracker need not be specified as input device. Merely defining an <eyetracker> element should be enough. For example, the Corsi script at https://www.millisecond.com/download/library/tobii/ does this, it collects gazepoint data while participants click through the task as usual.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search