continuous stream mouse tracking

Author
ArifahAd
Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am wondering if Inquisit can be used to track mouse movements - ie a continuous stream of x y coordinates?

Thanks.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ArifahAd - Friday, November 23, 2018
Hi,

I am wondering if Inquisit can be used to track mouse movements - ie a continuous stream of x y coordinates?

Thanks.

You can track mouse movements on an event-basis, i.e. log the coordinates when the mouse is moved, but it's not really possible to, for example, record the coordinates every X milliseconds while a task is running. Whether what you want to do is possible in Inquisit would depend on what exactly it is you want to do, but for starters you could take a look at the example script attached here: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost4421.aspx

ArifahAd
ArifahAd
Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)Expert (1.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Monday, November 26, 2018
ArifahAd - Friday, November 23, 2018
Hi,

Thanks.

You can track mouse movements on an event-basis, i.e. log the coordinates when the mouse is moved, but it's not really possible to, for example, record the coordinates every X milliseconds while a task is running. Whether what you want to do is possible in Inquisit would depend on what exactly it is you want to do, but for starters you could take a look at the example script attached here: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/FindPost4421.aspx

Yes this might work, thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search