tobii plugin calibration stimuli

Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 
is it possible to change the stimuli presented at the calibration to make them suitable for infants? I have noticed that the srresearch plugin offers this option, but I cannot see any "calibrationstimulus" for the tobii eyetracker.

Thank you,

Elena
tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
tecnika - Thursday, December 6, 2018
Hello, 
is it possible to change the stimuli presented at the calibration to make them suitable for infants? I have noticed that the srresearch plugin offers this option, but I cannot see any "calibrationstimulus" for the tobii eyetracker.

Thank you,

Elena

the Tobii is a TX-300

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello, 

Thank you,

Elena

the Tobii is a TX-300

If I am not mistaken, the /calibrationstimulus attribute applies globally to the <eyetracker> element and should work with the Tobii tracker as well.

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "tobii"
/ calibrationstimulus = "test.jpg"
/ calibrationmode = "HV9"
</eyetracker>

tecnika
tecnika
Dave - Thursday, December 6, 2018
Hello, 

Thank you,

Elena

the Tobii is a TX-300

If I am not mistaken, the /calibrationstimulus attribute applies globally to the <eyetracker> element and should work with the Tobii tracker as well.

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "tobii"
/ calibrationstimulus = "test.jpg"
/ calibrationmode = "HV9"
</eyetracker>

Hi Dave,
Unfortunately it doesn't work...only the usual green dot appears and it's not compatible with studies on infants. Is it possible to change the green dot with a dynamic stimulus (e.g. a gif file)?
Here below the script
<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "tobii"
/ fixationwindowlength = 15
/ aoidurationthreshold = 100
/ aoihitcountthreshold = 6
/ minfixationtime = 50
/ maxfixationtime = 100
/ calibrationmode = "HV5"
/ calibrationstimulus = "kitten4.jpg"
/ columns = (date, time, groupid, subjectid, timestamp, marker, focuspixelx, focuspixely, focusfixationpixelx, focusfixationpixely)
</eyetracker>

tecnika
tecnika
The example I can see on your website is this:

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "srresearch"
/ calibrationmode = spiralvideo.gif
</eyetracker>

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/attributes/calibrationstimulus.htm

I have also tried to put calibrationmode twice but it gives error
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "srresearch"
</eyetracker>

https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v5/html/language/attributes/calibrationstimulus.htm

Checked back with the developers and you're right: /calibrationstimulus is not *yet* supported with the Tobii plugin, although it will be in the next major version, Inquisit 6. The documentation mistakenly already reflects that anticipated change.

tecnika
tecnika

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "srresearch"
</eyetracker>

Checked back with the developers and you're right: /calibrationstimulus is not *yet* supported with the Tobii plugin, although it will be in the next major version, Inquisit 6. The documentation mistakenly already reflects that anticipated change.

Thank you for your reply. 
Is there a way to change from the Tobii SDK in python? 
I am asking because we just have purchased the plug in to be used with infants and unfortunately we cannot calibrate the data in this way. 

Thank you
Dave
Dave

<eyetracker>
/ plugin = "srresearch"
</eyetracker>

Thank you for your reply. 
Is there a way to change from the Tobii SDK in python? 
I am asking because we just have purchased the plug in to be used with infants and unfortunately we cannot calibrate the data in this way. 

Thank you

> Is there a way to change from the Tobii SDK in python?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this, but I assume the question is whether the calibration could be performed outside of Inquisit or have Inquisit integrate an external calibration routine. I'm afraid that is not possible. Given that you've purchased the plugin for use with infants but it doesn't meet your needs at present, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our sales department via sales<at>millisecond<dot>com to discuss a refund or free upgrade options once Inquisit 6 is released.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search