Backgroundstimuli are gone after branching

Author
Rebecca17
Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)Respected Member (422 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've defined a block with 44 items. I have implemented that a latency < 1000 leads to another item ("This was to fast.") After this other item, I would like to go to the next item of the block. That does work, but all the backgroundstimuli of the block are gone now. How that?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Rebecca17 - Wednesday, January 23, 2019
I've defined a block with 44 items. I have implemented that a latency < 1000 leads to another item ("This was to fast.") After this other item, I would like to go to the next item of the block. That does work, but all the backgroundstimuli of the block are gone now. How that?

Stimuli drawn to the screen via /bgstim are drawn to the screen exactly once, at the very start of the <block>. If -- at some point during the block -- you erase the screen or overwrite those stimuli with others, those stimuli are gone.

You either need to take care _not_ to erase the full screen or overwrite the background stimuli at any time during the block, or you need to forego using /bgstim and instead draw those stimuli to the screen in the same way as you do any others, i.e. via your <trial> elements' /stimulustimes or -frames.

Edited 5 Years Ago by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search