HOW TO CHANGE STIMULUS TIME?

Author
Fabiana
Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have to present my stimuli for a fixed period of time (4 seconds),
I tried by adding /ontrialbegin= [trial.mytrial.stimulustime(4000)] inside my trial, but every time I try to run it, it gives an error message. 
What should I do?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Fabiana - Sunday, April 7, 2019
I tried by adding /ontrialbegin= [trial.mytrial.stimulustime(4000)] inside my trial, but every time I try to run it, it gives an error message. 
What should I do?

If your trial doesn't require a response, simply set its /trialduration to 4000.

<trial example>
/ stimulustimes = [0=yourstimulus]
/ validresponse = (0)
/ trialduration = 4000
</trial>

If your trial requires some kind of response after the stimuli have been removed, do

<trial example>
/ stimulustimes = [0=yourstimulus; 4000=erasescreen]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

with

<shape erasescreen>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
/ color = white
</shape>

See https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v4/html/howto/howtoerase.htm

Fabiana
Fabiana
Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)Partner Member (990 reputation)
Dave - Monday, April 8, 2019
What should I do?

If your trial doesn't require a response, simply set its /trialduration to 4000.

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (0)
/ trialduration = 4000
</trial>

If your trial requires some kind of response after the stimuli have been removed, do

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

with

<shape erasescreen>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
/ color = white
</shape>

Thank you so much! 

I need a response so I tried with the second one but it gives error messages saying "Stimulus sequence already defined". 
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Fabiana - Monday, April 8, 2019
What should I do?

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (0)
/ trialduration = 4000
</trial>

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

with

<shape erasescreen>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
/ color = white
</shape>

Thank you so much! 

I need a response so I tried with the second one but it gives error messages saying "Stimulus sequence already defined". 

Then you're doing something wrong. What that is, I cannot tell you without you providing your actual code. Note: Your <trial> elements may only have either a single /stimulustimes attribute or a single /stimulusframes attribute. You may not have both in a given <trial> element, and you may not have multiple /stimulustimes or /stimulusframes attributes in a given <trial> element either.

Fabiana
Fabiana
What should I do?

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (0)
/ trialduration = 4000
</trial>

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

with

<shape erasescreen>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
/ color = white
</shape>

Thank you so much! 

Then you're doing something wrong. What that is, I cannot tell you without you providing your actual code. Note: Your <trial> elements may only have either a single /stimulustimes attribute or a single /stimulusframes attribute. You may not have both in a given <trial> element, and you may not have multiple /stimulustimes or /stimulusframes attributes in a given <trial> element either.

Yeah, I noticed I already had a /stimulusframes attribute so I substitute it with /stimulustimes.

Thank you so much
Fabiana
Fabiana
What should I do?

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (0)
/ trialduration = 4000
</trial>

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

with

<shape erasescreen>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
/ color = white
</shape>

Thank you so much! 

Yeah, I noticed I already had a /stimulusframes attribute so I substitute it with /stimulustimes.

Thank you so much

The problem now is that to continue with the presentation of my stimuli I have to press the response key, while I want the stimuli to be presented one after the other and to press the key only to give the response.
Fabiana
Fabiana
What should I do?

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (0)
/ trialduration = 4000
</trial>

<trial example>
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

with

<shape erasescreen>
/ shape = rectangle
/ size = (100%, 100%)
/ erase = false
/ color = white
</shape>

Thank you so much! 

Thank you so much

The problem now is that to continue with the presentation of my stimuli I have to press the response key, while I want the stimuli to be presented one after the other and to press the key only to give the response.

I solved my problem by adding /beginresponsetime = 0 /responseinterrupt = frames /posttrialpause = 1500 inside my trial.

Thank you so much for your help!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search