Inserting instructions to the survey element

Author
gsu
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, 
For some reason I'm having a hard time including a page element within the survey element. To give more context: I want to have an instructions page before I ask a yes/no question. So I created a page element for my instructions. However, the code keeps giving an error saying that it "could not locate the page element" and that "trial 1 is unassigned". Here is my code for that particular block so that it would make more sense to you. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

<survey rel_feedback>
/ pages = [1 = intro_relfeedback; 2 = relfeedback1]
/ responsefontstyle = ("Verdana", -12, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemfontstyle = ("Verdana", -13, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ itemspacing = 2%
/ showpagenumbers = false
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

<surveypage relfeedback1>
/ fontstyle = ("Verdana", -16, true, false, false, false, 5, 0)
/ questions = [1=rel_feedback_request]
</surveypage>

<dropdown rel_feedback_request>
/ caption = "Given that this information is of interest to many individuals, you have the option of seeing the results of the analysis. You may also skip seeing the results."
/ options = ("Yes, I would like to see the analysis.", "No, I would like to skip this step.")
/ optionvalues = ("1", "2")
</dropdown>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
gsu - Sunday, April 7, 2019
Hello, 
For some reason I'm having a hard time including a page element within the survey element. To give more context: I want to have an instructions page before I ask a yes/no question. So I created a page element for my instructions. However, the code keeps giving an error saying that it "could not locate the page element" and that "trial 1 is unassigned". Here is my code for that particular block so that it would make more sense to you. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much in advance for your help!

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

</surveypage>

/ caption = "Given that this information is of interest to many individuals, you have the option of seeing the results of the analysis. You may also skip seeing the results."
/ options = ("Yes, I would like to see the analysis.", "No, I would like to skip this step.")
</dropdown>

<page> elements aren't <surveypage> elements. <page> elements are for instructions only, and you can only display them via a <block>'s or <expt>'s /pre- and /postinstructions.

You will want to use a normal <surveypage> for your feedback here.

gsu
gsu
Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)Distinguished Member (4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - Monday, April 8, 2019
Hello, 

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

</surveypage>

</dropdown>

<page> elements aren't <surveypage> elements. <page> elements are for instructions only, and you can only display them via a <block>'s or <expt>'s /pre- and /postinstructions.

what exactly do you mean by a normal <surveypage>? could you give an example of providing feedback while still using surveypage? thanks so much in advance!
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
gsu - Monday, April 8, 2019
Dave - Monday, April 8, 2019
Hello, 

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<page intro_relfeedback>
^^ xxxyyyzzz.
</page>

</surveypage>

</dropdown>

what exactly do you mean by a normal <surveypage>? could you give an example of providing feedback while still using surveypage? thanks so much in advance!

<survey rel_feedback>
/ itemspacing = 2%
</survey>

<surveypage intro_relfeedback>
/ caption = "Your intro instructions go here..."
/ subcaption = "... and/or here."
</surveypage>

</surveypage>

</dropdown>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search